Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-26-2013, 05:39 PM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jaikumarr18 Quote
I just received my K30 with 18-135mm kit yesterday. Am trying to find out if it has any dust or dead pixels. I tried focussing on the clear sky but its unable to shoot since it cannot autofocus. Even on the plain wall its unable to shoot. Is there any option to force it to shoot even though it cannot focus or I need to change it to manual and try? Could nt remember if I had issue with the old K30 which I had initially since the sky was not clear at that time. Also is there any easy way to check the dead pixel on the camera?
Have you thought of this simple solution -- just focus on some far away subject and while holding the shutter button half-way, recompose on the empty sky?

09-26-2013, 05:57 PM   #47

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Have you thought of this simple solution -- just focus on some far away subject and while holding the shutter button half-way, recompose on the empty sky?
Yeah, I did that and also the release priority option worked as well. So is it better to keep the camera default to focus priority or release priority?
09-26-2013, 06:15 PM   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jaikumarr18 Quote
Yeah, I did that and also the release priority option worked as well. So is it better to keep the camera default to focus priority or release priority?
There is no "better" option but I have mine set to focus priority.