Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-25-2013, 06:46 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by aras2002 Quote
Thanks for the advices! have anyone has this wireless shutter? Wireless IR Remote Control for Pentax Camera (1*CR2025) - Free Shipping - DealExtreme I don't know if it's valid for the K-30
I have few of those. They work fine. I keep one in each camera bag since they are so cheap.
All Pentax use the same IR code so if it says Pentax it will work on your K-30.

09-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by crewl1 Quote
I have few of those. They work fine. I keep one in each camera bag since they are so cheap.
All Pentax use the same IR code so if it says Pentax it will work on your K-30.
Thank you for your advice. One more question, what is the range of this device, and it will work pointing in every direction?
09-26-2013, 03:49 AM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by aras2002 Quote
Thank you for your advice. One more question, what is the range of this device, and it will work pointing in every direction?
The IR transmitter will operate pointing in any direction - however the IR receiver is on the FRONT of the camera, so unless the transmitter is either pointed directly at the front of the camera or bounced off something in front of the camera, the camera won't see the IR signal and won't release the camera. Some folks have used a piece of aluminum foil clamped between the camera and the tripod as a reflector.

Something you have to understand about IR - - - the sun is a huge IR emitter. It doesn't include the right codes to trigger your camera, but if the front of the camera (the IR receiver) is placed in full sunlight, the sun will create IR white noise which reduces the effective working distance of an IR transmitter.
09-26-2013, 05:53 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
The IR transmitter will operate pointing in any direction - however the IR receiver is on the FRONT of the camera, so unless the transmitter is either pointed directly at the front of the camera or bounced off something in front of the camera, the camera won't see the IR signal and won't release the camera. Some folks have used a piece of aluminum foil clamped between the camera and the tripod as a reflector.

Something you have to understand about IR - - - the sun is a huge IR emitter. It doesn't include the right codes to trigger your camera, but if the front of the camera (the IR receiver) is placed in full sunlight, the sun will create IR white noise which reduces the effective working distance of an IR transmitter.
Ok, clear enough! thanks for the piece of advice, it really helps me to decide which kind of shutter I want. I think I will choose the wired one, it will be more useful for me

09-26-2013, 09:46 AM   #20

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't think the wireless works for Bulb exposures. So if you want to do long manual exposures on a tripod, you need a cable release. Not a bad idea to have both in your bag. Probably will be my next purchase.
09-26-2013, 10:45 AM   #21
Veteran Member

In case anyone was wondering about extending a wired remote's lead, I've just bought 2x5m 2.5mm stereo extension cables (kenable ltd via Amazon UK) to use with my wired remote - it works perfectly in 5m or 10m mode. I need to fire my K-30 through 2 windows and my IR one only manages 1 window, the long wired remote will get round that problem (bird shots).