Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2013, 01:21 AM   #1

Bulb mode

I have a question. When you make a photo with the Bulb mode, you have to get the button pressed all the time, that's not useful for the kind of night photos I want to make, so there is a way to use the Bulb mode without having pressed the button all the time? I know that in some cameras, you only have to press one time at the beggining and another time to "stop" the photo, is something similar with the K-30?

10-03-2013, 02:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You will have to change from the default 'Mode 1':
Mode1:Exposure continues while the shutter release button is pressed. (default setting)

to 'Mode 2':
Mode2: Exposure starts with the first press of the shutter release button and ends with a second press of the shutter release button.

This is done in the Custom Menu Settings, Item 7.
10-03-2013, 03:06 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Stone G. Quote
You will have to change from the default 'Mode 1':
Mode1:Exposure continues while the shutter release button is pressed. (default setting)

to 'Mode 2':
Mode2: Exposure starts with the first press of the shutter release button and ends with a second press of the shutter release button.

This is done in the Custom Menu Settings, Item 7.
Thank you very much!!!!!! you saved my nightly photos