Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2013, 10:10 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by JimJohnson Quote
Ever watch a streaming video on a slow connection? The computer's buffer fills and the video starts playing. But it drains the buffer slightly faster than it can be refilled. So some videos seem to stop a lot.

Batteries behave somewhat similarly, They have a 'buffer' of ready electricity, and during and between uses, the chemistry in the battery works to refill the buffer. If you do a lot of high energy actions in a short period of time, the battery may seem to have died. But let it rest for a bit and you'll find it isn't dead after all
You might very well be right, but I have not experienced/noticed what you are describing. I must also make it clear I have no deeper understand of how batteries work.

My camera can turn off up to two times on the same set of batteries.

1. A premature "depletion" of batteries.
2. A more or less complete depletion of batteries.

When #1 happens, I typically reinsert the same set within seconds after which, the camera functions fine for the remainder of the sets lifespan.

Though I do not have a habit of looking too closely at the battery level indicator, my prior bad experiences had led me to look a bit more often than what I otherwise tended to do. I have so far not noticed the indicator reverse on itself, except when the camera has been turned off for a longer period of time. When I cover weddings, none of the cameras gets turned off for longer periods.

Now I always recharge the batteries as late as possible and it's giving me more exposures and less depletion flukes. Some of it could very well be firmware related too, but I think most the improvement is because of my newer recharging strategy.

10-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jaikumarr18 Quote
Believe it or not, I had only OEM (DLI-109) battery on my K30 (18-135mm WR) without spare when I went for whale watching last weekend. I took 2200 shots without live view and mostly in burst mode....
OMG lol. I maxed out at 1300-1400 exposures suing Sanyo XX, and I only did it once - last year. I've since then had up to 12xx exposures and I do not believe I use the camera in any different way. the lenses used are the same as well.
10-12-2013, 08:33 PM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
OMG lol. I maxed out at 1300-1400 exposures suing Sanyo XX, and I only did it once - last year. I've since then had up to 12xx exposures and I do not believe I use the camera in any different way. the lenses used are the same as well.
Lens, do you use auto or manual focus ?.
10-17-2013, 08:36 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I pretty much used auto focus all the time. Less than 5% of the shots were done using manual focusing.