Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-06-2013, 05:11 PM   #16
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jezzamon Quote
I will go outside in a bit and take some pics of the sky. I set it on bulb and looked at the sensor, have a look, this might be the culprit? Is that line at the top, maybe it was always there it seems to be some sort of chemical adhesif maybe line placed there at the top of the sensor, but for whatever reason it is now allowing light to shine through where it didn't before?
If there is an issue, it would be at the bottom of the sensor (image is inverted by the lens).

Steve

11-06-2013, 07:28 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Its under wanrranty, I'm in Canda, I can send it to pentax then? Or is it better to just go to a camera shop? (sorry for the newbie questions)
I'm pretty sure you will have to call the official Pentax service center.
However i would make sure its good and dry inside, i would suggest putting it in a ziplock bag with a couple of silica dryer packs or (Desiccant Drying Agent)

Last edited by OldNoob; 11-06-2013 at 07:34 PM.
11-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Its under wanrranty, I'm in Canda, I can send it to pentax then? Or is it better to just go to a camera shop? (sorry for the newbie questions)
If you are in the Toronto area you can take it direct to Pentax in Mississagua, they are pretty helpful, there are also dealers scattered around the country.

Tuggie76