Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-28-2014, 07:39 PM   #31
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Another strap to consider is the one from Peak Design. I use the wrist strap on my Ricoh GXR and the loop strap can be used to carry a DSLR as the strap can manage up to 45kgs.

03-01-2014, 07:00 AM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
While no longer available, I really like my LowePro Speedster camera strap. LowePro was kind enough to provide me with an extra set of the snap buckles and I manufactured my own strap extender.
When I want a traditional neck strap I leave the extender off and have the upper strap with the gripping surface inside. If I want a cross-body sling type strap, I add the extender and put the gripping surface outside so the strap slides easily. It takes seconds to change without messing with re-threading straps on the camera lugs. And, I don't have to pack two straps when I travel, just the much smaller extender.

If you can find a comparable setup, I fully recommend it.
Attached Images

03-22-2014, 02:28 PM   #33
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kshapero Quote
Got a photo of this?
I apologize for my laziness, but here's some photos of my setup. I've been using my NEX-6 a lot since posting, but because the K30 feels so much better in the hand, I'm swinging back to the DSLR in recent days. Anyway, here's what I've got.

The Op/Tech neoprene handstrap is super comfortable and essentially perfectly sized for the K30. I tried putting it on the NEX6, and it's way too big. The shoulderstrap serves double-duty for a small bag in which I carry the camera plus a couple lenses. I could get a second strap, but I've never seen a reason to have two... either the camera is in my bag with more lenses, or I'm carrying it without extra lenses (or lenses in my sweatshirt pocket).

I hope these are useful to you or someone.

Last edited by jcdoss; 09-29-2015 at 04:11 PM.
03-22-2014, 04:46 PM   #34

Me and my wife both use the Fotasy sling straps - They are a knock off of another brand but they work great (and at about $17 the price is right!)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0062W02C6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Downside is that they do use the tripod attachment point, kind of a pain if you need to put the camera on tripod...

04-08-2014, 03:02 PM - 1 Like   #35
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kshapero Quote
...my wife doesn't want me to advertise Pentax on the supplied strap.
This should satisfy her then?
http://goo.gl/8Z2UmI
04-09-2014, 01:13 PM   #36

I have an American brand 'knuckle wrap' strap -its brand name now eludes me-fixed to the K30 which has its own tripod mounting screw. The downside of this otherwise adequate arrangement is that I have to unscrew it in order to fit a tripod mounting plate. As an alternative on my K5, I have butchered a Pentax strap in order to convert it into a 'knuckle wrap' jobbie that employs/retains a tripod mounting plate by making a carefully marked out hole -depending upon the size of your 'bunched' hand-with a sharp implement then heating a suitable diameter screwdriver through the resulting hole in order to enlarge it to the required diameter of the base plate screw. Doing so produces an 'eruption' of solidified/molten plastic on the strap (depending upon which side you poke the hot implement through of course) which can then be pared off and flattened with a sharp blade. I have subsequently measured and created a second hole in the same way in order to accommodate the addition of a battery grip, but with or without said bolt on accessory, my strap is now a snug fit around the back of my hand in either case and slips into my tripod as and when required.

Unless you employ a generic type camera strap, however, those afflicted with the same apparent product malaise as Mrs Kshapero will have apoplexy if you opt to use the Pentax camera strap, as it will still promotes the product upon conversion!
04-10-2014, 06:10 AM   #37
Pentaxian

For those who don't like to advertise....Comes in assorted colors and patterns...Goes well with tie dyed clothing.
04-12-2014, 01:48 PM   #38
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have a Black Rapid and really like it, it helped get rid of neck pain, it's comfortable, convenient, adjustable, more inconspicuous than a neck strap, and very secure. But to be able to keep a quick release plate on I added a Bostail, which is a very short strap that attached ti the camera strap lug/slot and has a metal ring on the other. I would like to try one of the plates that fit on the tripod socket. Everything that people are showing here can do the job, just what works best for you?