Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2013, 08:07 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
manual lenses on K30, no shutter

The shutter isn't clicking on a manual lens on my K30. The lens works on my K-x. Is there something different about the two cameras, or the settings? I was hoping to use the green button, and focus confirmation, and use the lens on a K30. Perhaps I need to short the contacts differently? The lens is an Albinar K-mount 135mm F/2.8

Also, how do I get to the screen where I manually input the focal length on the K30? It won't let me open that menu on the camera.
- Sheldon

11-22-2013, 08:19 AM   #2

This link may be of use. Using K-30 With Older Lenses | Ricoh Imaging Support

Regards
11-22-2013, 08:21 AM   #3
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by sheld Quote
Also, how do I get to the screen where I manually input the focal length on the K30? It won't let me open that menu on the camera.
- Sheldon
It sounds like you have shake reduction turned off.

Everything should be the same as the K-x if the settings are the same.
11-22-2013, 08:59 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are shooting in M mode, make sure the ISO is not set to auto...if it is in Auto mode the green button metering won't work.

Did you enable #23 in "C" under menu?

Under Menu "Camera" #3, the last option, you should be able to change the focal length, if you enabled the option in #23, as mentioned above, it should also allow you to do that at start up, if a manual lens is fitted.

Last edited by altopiet; 11-22-2013 at 09:05 AM.
11-22-2013, 10:39 AM   #5
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by sheld Quote
The shutter isn't clicking on a manual lens on my K30. The lens works on my K-x. Is there something different about the two cameras, or the settings? I was hoping to use the green button, and focus confirmation, and use the lens on a K30. Perhaps I need to short the contacts differently? The lens is an Albinar K-mount 135mm F/2.8

- Sheldon
Follow this guide:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/54-pentax-lens-articles/110657-how-use-me...k-x-k-7-a.html

Make sure you set the custom setting & that you're in M mode.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

12-12-2013, 10:30 AM   #6

Original Poster
fyi, belated thanks for the video/text instructions! I updated the two menu settings,
o Menu 23, set "use aperture ring" to enable
o E-Dial programming, set M<>TV to TvShift mode
o switched to "M" mode and manual ISO.

Now my three m-mount lenses work fine. My m42 screwmount lenses don't work, but there's another thread on the K30 and m42 screwmount lenses.... https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/151-pentax-k-30-k-50/245275-green-button-...-mode-m42.html
- Sheldon