Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-22-2013, 02:19 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
battery

the battery level is never full. I use enelops and the regular battery. is there a I need to turn off?

12-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #2

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by rick pafford Quote
the battery level is never full. I use enelops and the regular battery. is there a I need to turn off?
Hi Rick,

How old are the eneloops? How have you been charging them? Are you using Pentax battery adapter or a third-party one?

I'm not sure what you mean by the last question.
12-23-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Those battery level indicators not always work correctly,especially with non pentax batteries. So do not mind that.

What is important how long time or how many pics u can take with ur eneloops. More than 500 pics without flash, something like that. When batts get more older, power will drop slowly and in some point u need tobuy new batts.
12-23-2013, 10:07 AM   #4
Veteran Member

There is a menu setting where you tell the camera what type of AA batteries you have put in it. Wrench menu 3 1st item.

If this is not set correctly the battery indicator may be very erratic. It has a setting 'Auto' with which the camera is supposed to find out on its own but I find it somewhat erratic. Better if you set it manually to whatever battery you put in. For eneloops put it on metal hydride.

You don't need to change this setting for use with the Pentax Lithium Ion battery - the setting is only relevant when you use AA batteries with the adapter. The Lithium option refers to non rechargeable litium AA batteries.