Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-31-2013, 12:36 PM   #16
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by channeler Quote
I currently have a K10D. I wouldn't be thinking about changing it apart from the fact that higher iso capability and thus the possibility of higher shutter speeds would be an advantage for wildlife photography. I guess an upgrade equivalent of the k10D would be a K-5 II? However, I don't want to spend that kind of money so I've been looking at the K-30. The body looks very angular. How is it for holding? Also does anyone know if Tamron 1.4x and 2.0x teleconverters will work ok with it (albeit with the same limitations as with the K10D) ? Be grateful for any help.

Paul
The k30 is way better than the k10. Except for the top lcd, you get all the same advanced features plus all the latest innovations, so you really can't go wrong with it. Same goes for the k50, as it's on special at b&h for $479 until the end of the day.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-02-2014, 12:06 PM   #17
Veteran Member

i have the k-30 i love the feel of it. yet if i could go back in time and buy again , i would get a k-5II.
Simply because, having done research i have noticed several people experiencing aperture drive motor failures after a few thousand shutter activations. and there seem to be many reports of firmware issues , even Ricoh admitted on the download page that certain versions caused instability. Not to mention the k-5 has a dedicated vertical battery grip which personally i find very useful.
01-02-2014, 12:20 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by OldNoob Quote
i have the k-30 i love the feel of it. yet if i could go back in time and buy again , i would get a k-5II.
Simply because, having done research i have noticed several people experiencing aperture drive motor failures after a few thousand shutter activations. and there seem to be many reports of firmware issues , even Ricoh admitted on the download page that certain versions caused instability. Not to mention the k-5 has a dedicated vertical battery grip which personally i find very useful.
Mine has got more than 1000 shots and no problems so far..except it has happened three time that It did not want to turn on. Putting the battery out and back solved the problem.