Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-11-2014, 03:40 PM   #16

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
If you take 20 shots in a row of the same scene without changing any settings, will the flash fire at least once? Can you get the flash to work (albeit intermittently) in some of the automated shooting modes? A repair depot can use that kind of information to help determine the cause of your problem, and it will help to prevent the situation where the repairperson changes a setting, it then works once or twice and the camera is returned to you without fixing anything. I've had a K-30 for 20 months; taken it with me on a ski-hill, trekking in the jungle, the Caribbean in the summer, a football game in the winter, and have had zero problems. Anecdotal trends on an Internet discussion forum have no correlation to design flaws or quality control of anything. Every manufactured object has the potential to fail at any time. Looking for trends in random events does nothing to prevent such failures or to remedy them.
Looking for trends in random events does nothing to prevent such failures or to remedy them? well... at least it can may other people aware before buying

03-11-2014, 04:42 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lokusart Quote
Looking for trends in random events does nothing to prevent such failures or to remedy them? well... at least it can may other people aware before buying
You need real data and real statistical analysis of that data to formulate conclusions that are useful. A few odd posts on the internet might not be useless but are pretty close to it.
03-11-2014, 04:45 PM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
You need real data and real statistical analysis of that data to formulate conclusions that are useful. A few odd posts on the internet might not be useless but are pretty close to it.
Internet is a great tool you know
03-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lokusart Quote
very bad when that happens, I see that flash issue is becoming a trend on the K-30.

Try contacting the people who sold you the camera, if it's still on warranty you better use it. Or send an email to Pentax asking for the best place to send the camera.
I can send it back, with the lens, but I won't because I probably won't find the same offer for an almost unused K30, so I'll bear with it... but it would be really usefull to find a service manual with references parts !

03-12-2014, 06:54 AM   #20

QuoteOriginally posted by agukha Quote
I can send it back, with the lens, but I won't because I probably won't find the same offer for an almost unused K30, so I'll bear with it... but it would be really usefull to find a service manual with references parts !
I understand. try getting in contact with Pentax main site then, almost sure they will point you out some places where you can have your camera serviced
03-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
On my K30 that was replaced under warranty, the flash stopped working intermittently, then eventually quit entirely. Not sure if you have the same problem but if you can't get it fixed it may be cheaper to get a bounce flash since your hot shoe probably still works fine.