Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-11-2014, 07:37 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Exposure Setting

Hi All,
I am a K30 user and have a question that I can't find in the user manual. I noticed that the camera flashed the exposure settings (aperture, shutter speed and/or iso) DURING and AFTER the meter reading (time set by custom C1/4) and the LCD is still on. The resulting picture has correct exposure. There is no pattern to this as it is not doing this consistently. What is the camera trying to tell me? This is very annoying and distracting. Is there any way to turn this off?
Thanks.

02-11-2014, 11:27 AM   #2

QuoteOriginally posted by Traveler8 Quote
Hi All,
I am a K30 user and have a question that I can't find in the user manual. I noticed that the camera flashed the exposure settings (aperture, shutter speed and/or iso) DURING and AFTER the meter reading (time set by custom C1/4) and the LCD is still on. The resulting picture has correct exposure. There is no pattern to this as it is not doing this consistently. What is the camera trying to tell me? This is very annoying and distracting. Is there any way to turn this off?
Thanks.
It's telling you noise reduction is active (slow shutter noise reduction)- pg 33 of the manual under aperture.

It can be turned off: menu > record > #3 panel > second down from the top.