Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2014, 07:22 PM   #1

Aftershot Pro

Per someone's suggestion here I purchased and downloaded Aftershot Pro...and I cannot open any files...

Upon further research I understand this is an issue with .dng and Aftershot. Does anyone have a work around for this, having just purchased it, I would like to use it without degrading my raw file in the process just to import it.

I have read a lot of opinions but no real answers for this.

Thanks,

Tyler

02-13-2014, 07:41 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Take a look at this link. Apparently it has problems with K30 DNG which is essentially a K50. Try PEF raw files.
02-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
can I just convert to .tiff files since they do open and seem to retain info, or am I just better off shooting in jpeg format?
02-13-2014, 08:33 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Take a look thru this forum.....
Corel User to User Web Board • View forum - General Questions & Getting Started

Somewhere in it is a post regarding .dng
Using an exif editor and changing the camera model to K-01 (?)

I was disappointed also when I got my K50. Been a Bibble user for forever and I'm not happy with Corel
and it's update policy. I'm using the Silky Pix program that came with the camera.

02-13-2014, 10:19 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
AF supports the K30, K-01 and K5II(s)

I had to install the latest patch from about 6 months ago that included support for newer Pentax cameras at the time including the K30. So AF does support Pentax dng for the K30. They update AF about every 6 months with new camera support so I would imagine there should be a new one soon that will likely add support for the Q7, K50 , K500 and K3.
02-15-2014, 08:08 PM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rightangle Quote
I had to install the latest patch from about 6 months ago that included support for newer Pentax cameras at the time including the K30. So AF does support Pentax dng for the K30. They update AF about every 6 months with new camera support so I would imagine there should be a new one soon that will likely add support for the Q7, K50 , K500 and K3.

I hope so. I didn't realize how/when they typically updated.