Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-23-2014, 07:57 AM   #16
icy

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
You can download the manual from the sigma site. Google is your friend: Sigma Imaging UK | Downloads
Thanks a lot.

QuoteQuote:
And a little note: auto iso is the mother of all evil when it comes to flash.
I love Tav mode in K30. I am think of using of a uper limit for Auto iso (Min 100 and Max 125)

Last edited by icy; 02-23-2014 at 04:46 PM.
02-23-2014, 08:23 AM   #17
Veteran Member

You can use just as well M mode and iso 100 or 125 The issue is that iso directly affects the gn of the flash; which affects both minimum and maximum distance. So you have to actively keep an eye on it and possibly adjust on the fly; and that is far more complicated with auto iso.
02-23-2014, 09:16 AM   #18
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by sterretje Quote
You can use just as well M mode and iso 100 or 125 The issue is that iso directly affects the gn of the flash; which affects both minimum and maximum distance. So you have to actively keep an eye on it and possibly adjust on the fly; and that is far more complicated with auto iso.
Yep...what he said.

IMHO, auto-iso is a clear and present evil. It creates many "corner cases" where camera behavior does not meet the norms of logic. I can think of a few situations where it is very useful, but most of the time, it deserves to be turned OFF!

Steve
02-24-2014, 01:31 AM   #19
icy

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Yep...what he said.

IMHO, auto-iso is a clear and present evil. It creates many "corner cases" where camera behavior does not meet the norms of logic. I can think of a few situations where it is very useful, but most of the time, it deserves to be turned OFF!

Steve
My problem is that I couldn't figure out the flash range I always have to try and try to get a good result. Still miss my former AF-280T which is quite limit, but it is very easy to calculate the flash range because there is a color table on the back :P

Btw, anyone tries this flash on a film camera. Mine is P30.

02-24-2014, 12:17 PM   #20
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by icy Quote
Btw, anyone tries this flash on a film camera. Mine is P30.
I tried the EF-610 DG Super on my Super Program (TTL flash), but the Sigma did not register as a dedicated flash. Yep, full power with no flash-ready confirm in viewfinder and definitely no TTL. I was truly disappointed since Sigma claimed at the time I bought it that it was backward compatible with earlier Pentax TTL bodies.

No problem though, a AF-280T is on its way to me from KEH.

Steve
02-25-2014, 12:54 AM   #21
icy

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
I tried the EF-610 DG Super on my Super Program (TTL flash), but the Sigma did not register as a dedicated flash. Yep, full power with no flash-ready confirm in viewfinder and definitely no TTL. I was truly disappointed since Sigma claimed at the time I bought it that it was backward compatible with earlier Pentax TTL bodies.
I have the same problem with P30 and the Sigma. Too bad. There is a manual flash mode (sync at /100) but there are many calculations.

QuoteQuote:
No problem though, a AF-280T is on its way to me from KEH.
I sold it a few months ago I would buy another one . AF-280T is pretty good I miss it!