Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2014, 05:27 AM - 1 Like   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by Lokusart Quote
The symptom of this problem is getting rightly exposed images and sub-exposed images (sometimes over-exposed as well), while shooting the camera with the same parameters, in this case is not a person's error and I have found threads about it in this forum, flickr and if I'm not wrong is dpreviews as well.

They said the cause is the aperture's motor, aperture's mechanism or whatever people like to call it.
Thanks for the quick answer. Hope your problem is resolved.

03-12-2014, 05:29 AM   #32

QuoteOriginally posted by geru2000 Quote
Thanks for the quick answer. Hope your problem is resolved.
you are welcome, thank you. I really hope too
03-12-2014, 09:34 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by dmbaile2 Quote
I have a credit card that extends the warranty a year after the manufacturer, so I bought the K30 with that. If it is giving me grief ill just send it back to the CC and get a refund.. I'm not going into it thinking it will be a lemon though. Positive attitude! I'm excited to have a new toy to play with.
Well, you have done your due diligence - no doubt about that. I'm sure you will greatly enjoy the camera, and recognize that you are stepping up appreciably from the KR. As for that extended warranty, it is a Pentax product so you are assured of their service which is generally viewed as good. The extended warranty also entitles you to a free cleaning during the warranty period. I must admit that I have never availed myself of that, but might do so this time around as I can rely on my K-01 as a good back-up (same sensor and processing engine) in the K-30's absence.
03-12-2014, 02:15 PM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have had occasional freezes w/ my K-30 also. Like the others, just releasing and then relocking the battery in place gets it functioning again. Of the times it's happened, it might be related to changing the lens and forgetting to turn off the camera or to a battery starting to get low.
The other issue I've had is that the sensor seems to attract dust way more than K-x ever did. I do have the clean sensor on start up enabled, but I've learned to take a quick sky pic to make sure I'm okay and always carry the rocket blower with me.
Despite those things, I really like the K-30 and am very happy with it.

03-13-2014, 08:20 AM   #35
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Great camera and no problems with it so far!
03-14-2014, 03:21 AM   #36
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It only freezes when the battery is low, as mine is like that. The freeze only happens like 1 in 10 charge of batteries

Last edited by felixkh; 03-16-2014 at 06:31 AM.
03-14-2014, 12:52 PM   #37

QuoteOriginally posted by dmbaile2 Quote
The K-30 seems to be right around the sweet spot price wise to upgrade from my Kr.

I'm having some glitches in my Kr and would rather upgrade to a more stable system... I know the k30 may be prone to some flash issues. Is there anything else I should know about the K-30's stability before considered buying one?
Early buyer of the K-30, I have never had a problem with this great little camera. I'd go for it again in a heartbeat.