Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-13-2014, 01:25 AM   #1

Confused camera, or confused operator?

I own a k30. I think I may have switched something I wasn't supposed to in my menu or my camera is letting me down once again.
I recently just started using my AE button on back. Well, I went in my menu to see the settings that had to do with it and also to see if there was anything that had to do with al servo. I think I may have changed a setting.
Now when I take a picture my dial for shutter speed and my dial for aperture will not work. I have to turn my camera off then back on to be able to adjust or go into playback and come back out.
When I'm taking the picture I press my green metering button and it sets it. From that point my camera has its mind made up and will not let me change, nothing happens when imove the dials. I have to reset with every shot. I get my settings dialed in, take a shot, then the camera sets it back to what it wants, then i try to change it back and my dials do nothing. So i turn it off then back on and repeat.
I am shooting in manual by the way.
I'm wondering if i may need to restore to factory setting if that is possible.
If it's not me iwouldn't be surprised of it was the camera. The circuit board blew on my first one.

04-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #2

First: turn the camera power on and make sure your mode dial is set to M.

Then look through the view finder do you see shutter and aperture settings?

Do they have a line under them if not they are not available and you have changed something I'd check to see if you've changed their settings. The first option in the list is the default setting, select that and see what happens.