Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
05-19-2014, 09:37 PM - 1 Like   #16
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by gybp Quote
well the thing is that i like to make videos, and the k30/50 are supposed to be very bad at this... is there a jump in quality between the k30/50 and the k3?
Only thing I would say to this is: When I was deciding on which camera to get, I thought the same thing about shooting videos with my new DSLR (which happens to be the K-50), and I thought to myself, "Why would I want to shoot videos with a DSLR, which is primarily a picture camera". I wanted the DSLR to get back into Photography, not videos.

For videos, I decided to use a video camcorder, and not worry about the K-50's video feature. It's there if I really need it and IF I use it, I'll have to get used to manual focusing, as I think that's really the only down side to shooting videos with it, the autofocus is annoyingly loud, but quality as far as image quality is fine, at least to me.