Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2014, 05:34 PM - 2 Likes   #1
New Member
OregonRain's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 16
Woooo Hoooo

I just ordered a Pentax k-50 (red & black) with 2 lenses and shoulder straps!!! I can't wait till they get here!!!!

04-30-2014, 05:44 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster
Adam's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Arizona
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 43,035
Congrats! You'll love the camera

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)



PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-30-2014, 05:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
OrangeKx's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver, WA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 808
Nice!! Good color combo.
04-30-2014, 07:46 PM   #4
Site Supporter
patrick9's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Murfreesboro Tennessee
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,353
QuoteOriginally posted by OregonRain Quote
I just ordered a Pentax k-50 (red & black) with 2 lenses and shoulder straps!!! I can't wait till they get here!!!!
I fully understand . The week I had to wait for delivery of my k-30 was the longest year ever.
I am sure you will enjoy the K-50 when it gets there

04-30-2014, 07:51 PM   #5
Site Supporter
rbefly's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Denver, Colorado
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,030
Good Start!

Welcome to the Forum and congratulations, OregonRain!
That should be an eye-catching combo, good luck with the new gear!
Hopefully it's not too soon to think about accessories, so I'll throw out a few of the usual recommendations for your future reference. Since I don't know what you may already have, I'll start with the basics;
Rocket blower and lens cleaning pen or tissue w/fluid. Microfiber lens cloth. Gotta have these to shoot SLR digital photography.
Camera bag, well-padded inside, not too obviously "Camera Inside! Steal Me!" on the outside. Room for more than two lenses. Ahem.
Circular Polarizers (CPL) for each lens (they may be the same) and hoods for both lenses-these may be provided with the lens.
Tripod. Yep, the photographers friend, somewhat heavy and/or bulky.You won't be taking it everywhere, but there's no replacement when do you need it.
Remote shutter release, either electronic or cable.
Extra camera battery, extra SD card.
Have I helped you spend enough money yet? LOL!
Seriously, these will all help, whenever you can add them to your new kit.
Have fun!
Ron
05-01-2014, 08:47 AM   #6
New Member
OregonRain's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 16
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rbefly Quote
Welcome to the Forum and congratulations, OregonRain!
That should be an eye-catching combo, good luck with the new gear!
Hopefully it's not too soon to think about accessories, so I'll throw out a few of the usual recommendations for your future reference. Since I don't know what you may already have, I'll start with the basics;
Rocket blower and lens cleaning pen or tissue w/fluid. Microfiber lens cloth. Gotta have these to shoot SLR digital photography.
Camera bag, well-padded inside, not too obviously "Camera Inside! Steal Me!" on the outside. Room for more than two lenses. Ahem.
Circular Polarizers (CPL) for each lens (they may be the same) and hoods for both lenses-these may be provided with the lens.
Tripod. Yep, the photographers friend, somewhat heavy and/or bulky.You won't be taking it everywhere, but there's no replacement when do you need it.
Remote shutter release, either electronic or cable.
Extra camera battery, extra SD card.
Have I helped you spend enough money yet? LOL!
Seriously, these will all help, whenever you can add them to your new kit.
Have fun!
Ron

Thanks Ron! My husband has a bunch of extra gear for Pentax cameras so I'm well stocked. I do appreciate the help! Hope you have a wonderful day!
05-01-2014, 08:55 AM   #7
Pentaxian
seventysixersfan's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Alexandria, VA
Posts: 1,710
Given your member name, it sounds like you will really appreciate having the WR body. I love my K-50 and I know you will too!
05-01-2014, 09:48 AM   #8
Senior Member




Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 110
What's wrong with using your Iphone camera????





- - - - -


-

-

-
I really got that question from my daughter.....................

The k-50 is a great set up!!!!!

05-01-2014, 05:43 PM   #9
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 107
Congrats!!!!! Its a great camera. Even I wanted to get a different colour but unfortunately K30 with 18-135mm WR kit comes only in black.
05-02-2014, 04:51 AM   #10
Pentaxian
Oldbayrunner's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Havre de Grace, MD
Posts: 1,234
QuoteOriginally posted by jaikumarr18 Quote
Congrats!!!!! Its a great camera. Even I wanted to get a different colour but unfortunately K30 with 18-135mm WR kit comes only in black.
How to paint your dslr
05-02-2014, 06:03 AM   #11
Senior Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Sydney
Posts: 107
Thanks Oldbayrunner. But that is one risky job where I might loose my camera and my extended warranty
05-06-2014, 10:39 AM   #12
New Member
OregonRain's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 16
Original Poster
Just 3 more days till my K-50 gets here.... I'm sitting here trying my best not to be impatient, but so far it's not working. I want my camera!! lol... waiting is hard and I've never been good at waiting!
05-08-2014, 06:41 PM   #13
New Member
OregonRain's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 16
Original Poster
I've got it!!! Just waiting for the battery to charge... waiting... again.... **sigh** Can't wait!!
05-08-2014, 06:56 PM   #14
Site Supporter
jimr-pdx's Avatar

Join Date: May 2010
Location: 1hr north of PDX
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,550
Congrats! The rain has arrived too, good thing the WR lenses are in the bag
05-08-2014, 11:10 PM   #15
Site Supporter
TimR's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Kansas
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 181
Congrats also. I have recently got a red & black K-50. Enjoy and have lots of fun with it, I have.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-30, k-50, pentax k30, pentax k50
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Woooo hooo, my flu card has shipped... normhead Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 17 02-28-2014 07:09 PM
Ya hoooo! I am one of you today. Sitting Bull Pentax DSLR Discussion 17 02-28-2009 07:59 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:42 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top