Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-29-2014, 05:38 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Stays on for as long as it takes to acquire focus. Keeping the shutter half pressed (or back AF pressed) re acquires focus continuously but the led doesn't light up again.

05-29-2014, 07:45 PM   #17
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Stays on for as long as it takes to acquire focus. Keeping the shutter half pressed (or back AF pressed) re acquires focus continuously but the led doesn't light up again.
I can see why they might have changed this for later models. If the ambient light is too low to acquire initial focus, then how can the camera maintain focus under AF.C without the AF assist light staying on? Maybe someone at Pentax figured there wasn't much point in using it all in this case.
05-29-2014, 08:01 PM   #18
Pentaxian

I made an error with the K-50 comment. The camera focus menu setting was set to AF.A which overrides the external switch setting.
05-30-2014, 06:51 AM   #19
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
I made an error with the K-50 comment. The camera focus menu setting was set to AF.A which overrides the external switch setting.
Oh, the complexities of life! I wish they would quit trying to make the cameras so smart. Of course that would mean that Pentax Forums would be oh so dull. I never would have guessed there were so many use cases involving the AF assist lamp

Steve

05-30-2014, 08:21 AM   #20
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Oh, the complexities of life! I wish they would quit trying to make the cameras so smart. Of course that would mean that Pentax Forums would be oh so dull. I never would have guessed there were so many use cases involving the AF assist lamp

Steve
AF.A was not one of Pentax's better ideas.