Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2014, 02:39 PM   #1
Veteran Member

K200D Battery Issue - Upgrade to K-50?

Hi,

I've got a Pentax K200D, it's 6 years old and has been nothing but fantastic! However recently I've found that it's been draining my 4xAA Lithium batteries like crazy. I've read through the forums and tried resetting to defaults, unfortunately I've had no success. While it's on my list of things to do to take it to a Henry's (Canada) I'm starting to research my next purchase.

I was hoping anyone who has or has used a K-50 could tell me how you feel about it. As far as a spec comparison I think it matches my K200D well. I do mostly outdoor but have reduced my photography do to health reasons. Any input about the battery issue or upgrade would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

06-24-2014, 04:04 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Well, the upgrade would certainly be a good one: the K-50 delivers better image quality, faster performance, and offers live view and video.

As for the battery issue, this thread may be of help:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/6-pentax-dslr-discussion/125754-battery-d...ra-repair.html

I would double-check the settings. If that's a dead end, then there's probably a hardware issue.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-24-2014, 05:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Moved to proper area. The General Talk section is for Non-Photographic topics only.
06-24-2014, 08:28 PM   #4

Hi, I've just moved from a K200D to a K-50 and I'm amazed at how much better it is. The technology has certainly jumped ahead since the K200D came out.

I don't know about your battery issue. I DO know you'll be sad to lose the K200D ... they are (were) fantastic cameras. I still have mine, can't bear to sell it.

The k-50 can do so much more and achieve much better results in difficult situations.