Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-12-2014, 11:48 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K 30 noisy shutter, and you can only get get exposure lock or rear button focus as there is only one rear button on a K 30 and stupid info set up when reviewing images on the k30 and I presume now the k3 compaired to what was the pentax info set up from day one which was on all the models up to and including all the K5 models and made sense.

07-28-2014, 07:17 PM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by adwb Quote
K 30 noisy shutter, and you can only get get exposure lock or rear button focus as there is only one rear button on a K 30 and stupid info set up when reviewing images on the k30 and I presume now the k3 compaired to what was the pentax info set up from day one which was on all the models up to and including all the K5 models and made sense.
Yeah, I don't get the decision to move away from logical interface. Gee whiz, I have the Q which has the old interface that allows you to cycle through the playback by just hitting "Info." Not only that, but, hey, I can dial in the lens focal length manually! Down to one-tenth of a millimeter! Not 12 or 15mm for a 14mm, but right down to the tenth of a millimeter. I guess the truly professional settings are reserved for the Q system!

---------- Post added 07-28-2014 at 09:25 PM ----------

Yeah, I don't get the decision to move away from logical interface. Gee whiz, I have the Q which has the old interface that allows you to cycle through the playback by just hitting "Info." Not only that, but, hey, I can dial in the lens focal length manually! Down to one-tenth of a millimeter! Not 12 or 15mm for a 14mm, but right down to the tenth of a millimeter. I guess the truly professional settings are reserved for the Q system!

The K-01/30/30/500 have similar processing and image IQ systems - and they are far superior to the K-5/ii/s for use with MF and finally have usable, modern live view. However, many aspects of the old flagships are stronger overall as described. I challenge the claim that the old video "codec is better." It is an entirely different system that isn't compressed, but in all other aspects the newer design is more flexible, modern and more usable for mid-grade video (let's not kid ourselves about going pro with video on a Pentax body). You need an external mic for Pentax, so the K-01 and K-3 are the only truly usable options (barely).
08-04-2014, 06:38 AM   #18
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
...... and stupid info set up when reviewing images on the k30 and I presume now the k3 compaired to what was the pentax info set up from day one which was on all the models up to and including all the K5 models and made sense.
Well said! One of the many reasons I spent up on the K5IIs instead of the K30/50. Maybe it can be changed in a firmware update in the future? Or maybe Shodan's firmware hacking can fix this at some point?