Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2014, 12:59 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Is This Even Possible? LOL

FYI, white K-30 came in the mail today. (Yay!) I just checked the first shot from it on three different shutter count sites? It was TWO, all three times and yes, this camera is supposed to be USED!!!!! Uh, actually it's not apparently? Someone took one shot then sent it back? That's pretty odd. The box was closed, sealed with tape so I'm thinking it was just a quick RT return, someone changed their mind, bought another camera and just sent it back sight unseen maybe? Either that or it was overstock and they just wanted to be rid of it? In any case this camera is in 100% perfect brand new condition. I'll have to spend some time checking it out but looks like I got a winner, grin...

Attached Images

09-19-2014, 01:18 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

sweet!
09-19-2014, 01:33 PM   #3
Veteran Member

What a sexy body with sharp curves...K30 ! (look at KS1 and K30..you may found similarities ( Grip of K30 also looks "Inserted") ) Is KS1 a NON WR K30 successor...sharing some things with K3 as K30 did with K5...?
09-19-2014, 01:54 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Let me guess what was on the reason for return label: "wrong color"
Nice score!

09-19-2014, 01:58 PM - 1 Like   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Obligatory cat "test" pics, courtesy of Lily and Loki....:P Sorry about the subtle watermarks but one of my Loki pics recently ended up somewhere it was not supposed to be as an example of a "red point Siamese." No photo credit, grr... I was a little ticked. My personal cat shots are not all that big of a thing, and likely I would have said "yes" had they asked, but they didn't. Not that I can blame them for coveting it. He is a handsome little brat!
Attached Images

Last edited by magkelly; 09-19-2014 at 02:06 PM.
09-19-2014, 02:01 PM   #6
Pentaxian

I once bought a D7000 refurb, and my first shot came up as 1. Store display maybe?
09-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AldaCZ Quote
What a sexy body with sharp curves...K30 ! (look at KS1 and K30..you may found similarities ( Grip of K30 also looks "Inserted") ) Is KS1 a NON WR K30 successor...sharing some things with K3 as K30 did with K5...?
Pretty please don't insult my beautiful K-30's by comparing them to THAT THING....

---------- Post added 09-19-14 at 05:11 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DennisH Quote
I once bought a D7000 refurb, and my first shot came up as 1. Store display maybe?
Don't know but "2" was certainly unexpected that's for sure. I am thinking overstock. Amazon doesn't have floor displays. I've seen a lot of brand new dolls in the warehouse lately as "used." They're not. They just aren't selling as well as they usually do and are being treated as overstock. Usually they're listed as "in like new" condition but they're cheaper than the listings on the main site by a few $$$.

I'm in love again. I just love both my K-30's. I never thought I was a white camera person but between this and the white E-P3 I'm totally sold. This camera is totally "badarse" in person, grin...

Last edited by magkelly; 09-19-2014 at 02:14 PM.
09-19-2014, 03:23 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

That sounds like a very nice buy!
09-19-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You have me beat. I bought mine on-line used open box a floor model/ Demo. When I checked the shutter count expecting 1000 or more. It came in at 6.
Congratulations on the white K-30
09-19-2014, 08:41 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lily and K-30

so which one is Lily?
this is our Lily and also taken with K-30, some more Lily
https://www.flickr.com/photos/itrax/sets/72157625761142550/
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-30  Photo 
09-19-2014, 10:20 PM   #11
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Lilith my dark angel, aka Lily for short is the long haired black cat in the first pic. Loki is the blue eyed red point Siamese aka Colorpoint Shorthair, name depending upon where you live. The USA cat fanciers say CPS, the rest of the world it's RP Siamese. I go with the Siamese because my boy he is totally a Meezer even if he does have a bit of orange tabby too. He is so typical of the breed it's undeniable. He's the weirdest cat I've ever raised. He can be a total darling or a little hellion depending upon his mood. He is very aptly named as it happens. So much so it's funny. He's a mischievous little prankster who likes to try to bully Lily but who gets smacked down regularly because whether he likes it or not around here SHE is Top Cat and she won't have it any other way.

Lily is part Maine Coon, part Burmese/DSH probably. She does have a bit of a Burmese-Oriental thing going on personality-wise and her coat does have that coloring. She has brown as well as red in her deep black. She's not coal black. Her coat is a warmer toned black than that. I know for sure her Mom was a pure bred gray tabby Maine Coon. Her Dad was likely an oriental type black cat, a slim Burmese-Bombay cross but we're not positive on that. The funny part is she's about 11.5lbs maybe? I think under the fur she's maybe 10? The rest is all FUR. She's totally Maine Coon fuzzy, just black. Her fur is a bit softer but is thick and long like one and she's got the hair in her ears, between her toes etc. You can see faint tabby markings too if you look real hard under the black in sunlight. Her brothers are like 20 and 23 lbs and her sisters are like 16 and 18. Not fat, they're just all gray Maine Coon tabbies like Mom, and HUGE. They just dwarfed her so we think different Dad maybe. She was not a runt from what we can tell. She just grew up smaller.

Till he came she was very laid back, though talkative. Now? She's a dominant little bi- you know what. She totally rules his stubborn little fuzzball arse. He adores her though, lol. He is totally in love, alas unrequited, poor boy. She tolerates him and will watch out to make sure he doesn't get into trouble, plays the adult, comes checking if he squawks, but that's as far as she goes. They definitely don't sit in each other's pockets. He would, but she won't have that. No ear licking, napping together, none of that going on here, I wish. She's the BOSS. He doesn't like that, in any other house he would be I think, but she's not given him a choice on that score...

Somewhere I have a great pic of a feral calico that looks a lot like your Lily. She's very pretty. Lovely coloring, smile...I like this one a lot, the eyes, wonderful color and expression...

https://www.flickr.com/photos/itrax/5335516514/in/set-72157625761142550

Last edited by magkelly; 09-19-2014 at 10:36 PM.
09-20-2014, 01:28 AM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

wow very informative, I am not a cat expert
09-20-2014, 01:41 AM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

oops, sorry I did not mean to send it unfinished
I only know that there are nice and not so nice cats, our first one Mimi was very moody but lived for nearly 25 years, Lily is very nice and loves my son.
My daughter ( she actually named our both cats) , she has her own now, it is 100% pure breed. Name Harry,
do not have many pictures but this one will do, you probably will know what he is.
He is very intelligent, he needs to know what is going on all the time, he sits on the kitchen bench while my daughter is preparing meals, he follows her everywhere and he was not afraid of me from day one.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3  Photo 
09-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just got a white K-30 as well, from a forum member. In need of a strap, I chose the Couch mellow gold strap made from a recycled seatbelt. That is an awesome strap company. Here is the link, and you can even see a white Pentax ZX-7 camera with the gold strap in their ad if you scroll. I was sold on that look, so I ordered the gold strap. https://www.couchguitarstraps.com/guitar-straps/seat-belt-straps/mellow-gold...tar-strap.html
09-20-2014, 12:56 PM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I've seen them. I kind of like what they are doing, almost went there, but in the end I decided those straps are just not me. When it comes to straps I'm a Capturing Couture fan. So far I have 3 of their animal hide line in various colors, 2 croc, 1 snake and I have a black and white striped 2" strap that matches my big gear bag. I alter mine though to be quick release, also the be more secure than just a nylon strap. They have nylon QR add on straps, but I don't like those. I use carabiners, o rings, very sturdy lobster snap hooks. CC straps do have secure metal findings and strong rivets. Their straps are very well made. I like that but with metal hooks etc added they're perfect I think. They're also very comfortable compared to most straps.

I tend to like their flashy rocker type straps but they actually sell a lot of nice ones that anyone would like. I think their new plaid straps are rather nice too. Might go there next. I badly want one of their 2" sequin ones, the black and red and gold and pink ones are awesome, but those are way out of my price zone at like $65 plus. I only buy them when they are on sale or I have a good coupon. One of these days I just might go for it with one of my old straps and sequin one myself. I do have several strap covers that I've made but I've yet to attempt sequins or lace and it looks fun.