Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I tried really hard..

The K-s1 preorder was in, maybe it would be in my hands by next weekend. While it was troubling to be uncertain about a few features, the price became a real problem when a surprising bill came due. While exploring my options I came across a barely-used white K50 body for half the K-s1 price, and after an agonizing hour of what-ifs I put it in my basket. Thank you to the seller who didn't get along with it; this camera will tide me over a while!

May I never read an online specs page again... or at least until on-chip PDAF comes to the K series!

09-27-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Well, unless you were interested in the ks1's flashy looks, I think you made the right choice!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

09-27-2014, 08:58 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Flashy no, but really small cam with aps-c is a great idea. Most especially a non-Canon model
But the features that were coming and going on K-s1 specs are included on the 30/50 models so I'll be just fine
09-27-2014, 10:36 PM   #4
Site Supporter

I think you are going to like the K-50. I have a friend who bought one not too long before I got my K-3 and I was impressed enough to ALMOST get a K-50 instead.

Steve

10-01-2014, 12:23 PM   #5
Site Supporter

Original Poster
K50 has arrived in excellent shape. Oddly it's on shot 8990 not ~200, must look into a reset of file #s. I was expecting more of a K200/K-x clack to the shutter, it is softer though no match for the single-digit K models. I'm fine with this.

---------- Post added 10-01-14 at 13:01 ----------

Tested out at shot 188, so reset to 200 and doing fine. Oh what fun