Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
10-23-2014, 05:28 AM - 1 Like   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buckaroo50 Quote
So what you are saying, is that before someone can qualify to buy a camera, they must be an expert photographer and an expert technician with cameras, either that they should not buy cameras.

You're a bafoon, and if you have nothing better to say then don't say anything at all. It is people like yourself that put yourself on a pedestal that end up looking like a jackass.

FYI there was an issue with the camera and after talking to Pentax Service they suggested to either send it in for repair or send it back for replacement.

Do you mean to say that you showed up in 1st grade and you already had a PHD degree. Well good for you, but for the rest of the world we had to learn our ABC's.

You're an idiot. First of all, you have no idea what I know about photography and secondly, you also, have no idea as to what I know about cameras. And if you had any knowledge at all you may have detected that possibly there might be something wrong with the camera, but being a total self centered, self serving troll you prefer to belittle be person and try to debunk them.

If you can't contribute to the conversation with something constructive then keep you big mouth shut. People like you make me go GRRRRRRRRR GRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Your personality profile says a lot about who you are. You are the type that trolls around waiting for a chance to flame someone with your cuts and digs, in order to try and boost your own ego and to try make others feel inferior. And the facts are, you probably don't have the real knowledge to interject anything constructive. And we know all about people such as yourself.

People with knowledge can contribute to a conversation for everything else, well, there is you!!!
Buckaroo, what's really helpful when you have a problem, is to provide some context on your knowledge level of cameras and photography.

If you're an expert, then you must have known your camera was broken which basically means your first post was just a rant. All you can do is send it in for repair or replacement and you knew that.
If you're new to cameras and photography, many here will try to help but please don't be surprised if someone asks whether you've made any attempt to read the user manual. Like in everything else, there's a reluctance to help people who are unwilling to help themselves.

Hopefully you'll get your camera back quickly and it will work just fine.

10-23-2014, 06:43 AM   #47
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by esrandall Quote
Ha! Don't suspect it -- know it

I've spent years running/posting in PC help forums, and somebody will come in screaming for help, or sounding off about something they have no clue about; myself (or the forum community) will come to the rescue with help, advice, questions to further the solution along...only to never hear from them again, or even better -- they'll respond to only one of the five questions you asked, or ignore the needed steps to narrow down a resolution. That's when I have to remind myself that I help because I want to, because it definitely isn't very rewarding sometimes -- lol
Agreed, when someone posts for assistance, and help is graciously given, it would be nice if the help was at least acknowledged, rather than the OP never posting again.
10-23-2014, 11:34 AM   #48
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yeah ... APIs no one wrote up in detail, I suppose.
Google...one word...Google
10-23-2014, 01:04 PM   #49
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Google...one word...Google
Yep, with a new product I find I have to read the documentation to get the official party line, then Google to find the Real World gotchas. :-D

10-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #50
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yep, with a new product I find I have to read the documentation to get the official party line, then Google to find the Real World gotchas. :-D
Nope, Goggle as the source of quirky and poorly documented apis and tools!

Steve
10-23-2014, 02:04 PM - 1 Like   #51
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Nope, Goggle as the source of quirky and poorly documented apis and tools!
Steve
Ah, with you now!

Yes, the authors of YouTube downloaders have had to deal with the shifting sands of the Google APIs.

I use a third-party Google Docs client on my laptop, and I think the author's given up on trying to match the performance of the native Google Drive application. But at least it works through the in-house proxies, Drive doesn't.

To bring it back to cameras, a lot of manuals appear to have been written by Google documenters.

And in the case of Pentax flashes, in 1994. :-)