Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-17-2014, 05:46 PM   #16
Site Supporter
dakight's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,153
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
Hmmmm... I don't recall saying anything about buying used, perhaps after you reread YOUR original post, you should re-read mine!

*smile* I didn't say anything about *your* K-30, or whatever you have, being used. I was referring to my decision process which included looking at several used models as well as the new ones. I looked at the K-30, K-20 and K-10 all of which were described in the listings as "used."

---------- Post added 10-17-14 at 05:52 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Yeap, you look like a genius by choosing k-50 over plastic wonders of similarly priced Canikon models, not over the k-500 with features like WR, penta prism, two dials and then some... I am sure you enjoy it......


The K-50, not the K-500 is the model with weather sealing as well as a couple of viewfinder features that were omitted in the 500. Enjoy it I certainly will.


Last edited by dakight; 10-17-2014 at 05:56 PM.
10-18-2014, 12:07 AM   #17
Forum Member




Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 67
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
I'm a long way from the Atlantic but the Pacific has been playing havoc with our weather the last few weeks. The thing is, irony, sarcasm, etc. often don't translate well into the written word. My apology for the snarky reply.
that's ok... sometimes I'm too sharp with what are meant to be humorous answers.
TBH I've had both the K50 and K500 and the difference in IQ is ...well there is no difference, but as you point out he K50 has WR and the focus point in the VF- I understand for some how important those things are

10-18-2014, 05:46 AM   #18
Site Supporter
dakight's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,153
Original Poster
In reality, I never really understood the point of the K500. I know it was supposed to a rich-featured entry level body, but it was too close in price to the K50 with those additional desirable features. It was probably doomed to fail (in a marketing sense) from the start.
10-18-2014, 06:00 AM   #19
Banned




Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 390
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
*smile* I didn't say anything about *your* K-30, or whatever you have, being used. I was referring to my decision process which included looking at several used models as well as the new ones. I looked at the K-30, K-20 and K-10 all of which were described in the listings as "used."

---------- Post added 10-17-14 at 05:52 PM ----------





The K-50, not the K-500 is the model with weather sealing as well as a couple of viewfinder features that were omitted in the 500. Enjoy it I certainly will.
Perhaps I can simplify things for you my reading comprehension challenged friend. "Discontinued" and "Used" are two entirely different things. No one (aside from yourself) mentioned ANYTHING about used gear. "Discontinued" does not mean inferior, used, or without warranty. Your "genius" acquisition will someday soon be discontinued as well, what then?? It doesn't take a "genius" to buy a current item at the current price! I hope you enjoy your new camera long after it's been "discontinued". Perhaps you can share some of the photos you take while out riding your high horse.

10-18-2014, 06:14 AM   #20
Site Supporter
dakight's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,153
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
Perhaps I can simplify things for you my reading comprehension challenged friend. "Discontinued" and "Used" are two entirely different things. No one (aside from yourself) mentioned ANYTHING about used gear. "Discontinued" does not mean inferior, used, or without warranty. Your "genius" acquisition will someday soon be discontinued as well, what then?? It doesn't take a "genius" to buy a current item at the current price! I hope you enjoy your new camera long after it's been "discontinued". Perhaps you can share some of the photos you take while out riding your high horse.


Whatever


*edit*
Ya know dude... I don't give a * whether you buy new, used, refurbished, grey market, black market or purple market or if you buy at all. That's your choice and I couldn't care less. In *my* decision making process, which was done *long* before this discussion even started, *I* looked at numerous models both new and used. That was *all* I was conveying... period, end of story. It had nothing whatever to do with your "discontinued: comment other than it happened to be in the same post. Perhaps I could have used a paragraph break or something to avoid confusing you, but the fact is I wasn't concerned with what anyone else, least of all you was doing. So you don't like my high horse, but I'm not so very fond of yours. And with that I think I will call this done. Put a fork in it and turn off the burner.

Last edited by dakight; 10-18-2014 at 06:49 PM.
10-19-2014, 05:22 AM   #21
Banned




Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 390
QuoteOriginally posted by dakight Quote
Whatever


*edit*
Ya know dude... I don't give a * whether you buy new, used, refurbished, grey market, black market or purple market or if you buy at all. That's your choice and I couldn't care less. In *my* decision making process, which was done *long* before this discussion even started, *I* looked at numerous models both new and used. That was *all* I was conveying... period, end of story. It had nothing whatever to do with your "discontinued: comment other than it happened to be in the same post. Perhaps I could have used a paragraph break or something to avoid confusing you, but the fact is I wasn't concerned with what anyone else, least of all you was doing. So you don't like my high horse, but I'm not so very fond of yours. And with that I think I will call this done. Put a fork in it and turn off the burner.

The fact you came back to add your little rant more than12 hours AFTER your original post tells me you DO give a **** !! What you were conveying was you were somehow a "genius" for choosing a camera that wasn't discontinued because somehow (apparently) a model being discontinued was a bad thing. Not only do you not understand what you read, you don't understand what you wrote either! But, whatever.............
10-19-2014, 05:40 AM   #22
Site Supporter
dakight's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Photos: Albums
Posts: 1,153
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Al_Kahollick Quote
The fact you came back to add your little rant more than12 hours AFTER your original post tells me you DO give a **** !! What you were conveying was you were somehow a "genius" for choosing a camera that wasn't discontinued because somehow (apparently) a model being discontinued was a bad thing. Not only do you not understand what you read, you don't understand what you wrote either! But, whatever.............


Perhaps my title was unfortunate. I was trying to be humorous. The "Relatively" in the title was a subtle nod to a certain physicist. I am Intelligent and educated but I certainly don't claim to be any sort of genius and I am most certainly not narcissistic by any stretch. I guess as one poster above said, "irony is lost." At any rate I never intended to offend or disturb anyone; I was just trying to have a little fun. Too bad that didn't work out.


My point, and my only point was that I was pleased that my choice was not the one discontinued. Kind of like the person who chose a Buick over a Pontiac or Oldsmobile, or a Lincoln over a Mercury 4 or 5 years ago. I'm sure the 500 is a fine product anyone who bought it or will buy it in the future should enjoy it as much as I intend to enjoy my K50. This is no reflection on anyone else's choices, no reflection on any product past, present or future. I'm sorry this thread took the turn it did and I'm frankly a little baffled by it. My apologies to everyone who had to endure this little drama. I am truly sorry and I'll try to be more careful in the future.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
features, k-30, k-50, k-500, models, pentax k30, pentax k50, post
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Now i like my K-5 even more peos99 Pentax K-5 15 11-21-2013 03:33 PM
Macro I may look beautiful now, but hey, I'm a wasp I'll sting you Lucky-Luc Post Your Photos! 7 09-30-2013 03:53 AM
Looks like I'm not the only relatively new K-x owner misterwiv Welcomes and Introductions 6 12-31-2010 06:16 PM
He makes Dan look like a genius graphicgr8s General Talk 26 03-24-2010 05:11 PM
do i look like a girl? trasgender General Talk 32 09-29-2009 08:45 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:45 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top