Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
11-30-2015, 05:25 PM   #16
Forum Member

So was this problem clearly identified, is there a way to check what is the culprit?

I purchased my K50 in May 2014, so I am past warranty. Some 2 weeks ago I shot couple of pictures and all heavily underexposed, almost black. I started playing with exposure compensation and then all of sudden everything worked. Trying to shoot today, same problem, all dark, after dozen exposures or so, all good again. Turned off and on, still working fine. Let it sit for a while, turned on and the same problem again, all shots black. I am dreading the cost of repair and time without camera for Christmas...

I recall, I had something similar long time ago with K100d, luckily during a warranty then. The symptoms were however bit different and it turned out to be faulty sensor.

12-01-2015, 06:22 AM   #17

Waiting...

I managed to get my receipt from Amazon. I called Pentax and they seemed matter of fact ( i.e., likely this is a widespread issue) about the problem and simply gave me the address to return it for repair. I did so via UPS on November 2nd. The package arrived on the 9th at their facility. So far I have heard nothing and no idea when it will be returned. So likely no camera for the holidays. I intend to call them this week and try to get an update.