Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
SR not highlighted in info mode

I cant seem to select the SR feature on my K-50. When I press the info button it will not allow me to select the SR feature. I am using the standard kit 15-55 WR lens. I could find no information on how to set the SR feature other than through the info button selection process.

Thanks for the responses in advance.
Mike

11-27-2014, 07:30 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What shooting mode are you in? SR is disabled when the timer is on, and in some other modes like bracketing.
11-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #3

Original Poster
I am shooting in manual mode with auto iso set from 100-1600 and live view selected. I have tried in P Mode also and cannot select the SR feature.
Thanks for responding.
Mike
11-27-2014, 08:07 AM   #4

Make sure your in Single Frame Shooting or Continuous Shooting mode (use the four-way controller). If you're in one of the self-timer modes (2 sec or 12 sec) or the remote control mode, shake reduction is disabled as it's believed you're using a tripod where shake reduction should be disabled.

11-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #5
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stilabel2 Quote
I am shooting in manual mode with auto iso set from 100-1600 and live view selected. I have tried in P Mode also and cannot select the SR feature.
Thanks for responding.
Mike
Those are exposure modes not shooting modes. Make sure you are shooting in single frame mode not timer or bracketing.
11-27-2014, 10:04 AM   #6
Site Supporter

SR on or off is in the First set of menus, menu #3. If self timer or some other modes are selected it will be disabled. Be sure you're in single frame mode, press the menu button once then tab over to menu 3; it is near the bottom.
11-27-2014, 10:46 AM   #7

Original Poster
I am in SFM no timer and no bracketing set but still no SR activation allowed (grayed out) and cannot select.

---------- Post added 11-27-14 at 09:48 AM ----------

I have tried the info button but it will not let me select SR. I am at the point of doing a complete reset and then add one menu item at a time to determine what is blocking the feature.
Thanks for all the input but if anyone has a faster method I will certainly try it.
Mike

---------- Post added 11-27-14 at 10:05 AM ----------

Thanks to everyone that responded. I did what I have done with other cameras in the past with a complete reset and then added features back one at a time. After doing that the SR feature now functions as advertised. I will probably turn this off unless I am using shutter speeds below a 60th depending on lens in use. I really appreciate the help on this one. Happy Thanksgiving to all hands and a Happy & safe holiday season.
Mike
11-27-2014, 11:54 AM   #8

There are a couple of other situations where SR is deactivated -- using HDR and Composition Adjustment. Also, if you're using a manual focus lens and don't have the focal length set, SR will be disabled. If none of this is an issue, a reset may be necessary, but you might just want to try removing the battery and then reinserting it before resetting.