Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-21-2021, 01:12 AM   #16

Photos: Albums
@Not a Number : thank you for the link. The application can be launched on Windows 10. Did not yet tested for real.

François

04-21-2021, 05:10 AM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
will it still work , it is 9 years old?
QuoteOriginally posted by fvanzeveren Quote
@Not a Number : thank you for the link. The application can be launched on Windows 10. Did not yet tested for real.

François
Works fine with my K10D on Windows 10 Pro. Just don't put it in the C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files(x86) folders. The default security on folders in these directories is restricted. Old programs that want to write or change files in their own directories won't work unless you either run them always as adminstrator or you change the security settings on the folder.
10-25-2021, 09:48 PM   #18

Hi all, Is anybody able to send me the file or a link to pk tether?
10-26-2021, 05:46 PM   #19

You can try the link in this post. Due to new access rules from Google you'll have to request access. No guarantee the use is still active.

How To: Convert SDM to ScrewDrive + Video - Page 15 - PentaxForums.com

11-01-2021, 02:58 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fvanzeveren Quote
Hello All

I know this is a very old thread, but I am looking to download PK_Tether to fix some Back/Front Focus on my K-5.
I cannot find a link to download the last version as the site Michigan Stump Removal | Call For Free Quote Now seems to have change hands... and has nothing to do with Pentax or even photography.

Could anybody give me a link to download that tool?

Thank you in advance!

François
I seem to remember lensign focustune working for this too, but I could be mistaken.
The lens align creator, Michael tapes, has cancer and let his main site and the lens align site shut down, but you can still buy lensalign with focustune at bh/adorama/Amazon and the support site is still live.

Even if it didn’t do the adjustments directly, I remember it doing an amazing job of helping me fine tune my focus.
https://www.mtdhelp.com/hc/en-us/sections/200354040-FocusTune-Downloads-and-Upgrades
05-28-2023, 01:53 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Latest working download adress for PK-Tether I have found:

- Downloads | PK_Tether – Tethering software for Pentax DSLR

- OneDrive

But remember, it does only work up to the K5-Series and the K-01!
Pentax bodies using the Prime-M processor or later (K30/50, K3 etc and later) don't work with PK-Tether, so in a way this thread is in the wrong section.

Last edited by photogem; 05-28-2023 at 01:59 AM.
05-28-2023, 08:14 AM   #22

Pk_tether can still be downloaded from archive.org (Wayback Machine). I also uploaded it to their Software collection.

PK_Tether – Tethering software for Pentax DSLR |
PK Tether 0 7 0 : abadonware : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive