Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-14-2015, 01:09 AM   #16
Veteran Member

I only found a rocket blower effective on stubborn dirt if I worked out where the dirt actually was on the sensor (top right of image = bottom left of sensor) and used all possible puff energy on that spot from a very close distance. I have used a Lenspen brush to get stuck on dirt moving, finishing off with the blower, but it leaves a bit of its own debris behind I believe but at least it's loose and blows off easily. I've thought of using post-it stickers but haven't yet succumbed to temptation.

03-07-2015, 09:06 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
CVS lens wipe? Is that safe on a sensor? I wouldn't think so
03-07-2015, 09:22 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Haven't had a problem with it but like I said stick to the blower and gel stick. Also alternatively their is a guy name Peter Gregg who says after you use the rocket blower that you can fog up the sensor with your breath and then use a sensor swab to clean it , using no chemicals. T o be honest I experimented with this technique, guess what it works.

Last edited by niceshot; 03-07-2015 at 09:26 PM. Reason: adding link
03-14-2015, 08:19 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have always cleaned my sensor with a rocket blaster but others have tried this for the tougher dust problems and it seemed to work well:

Amazon.com : Pentax 39357 Image Sensor Cleaning Kit O-ICK1 for Pentax Digital SLR Cameras : Digital Camera Accessory Kits : Camera & Photo