Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-26-2014, 10:50 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
ACMAXX screen protector

this might be in the wrong place, but there wasn't a place to put it under accessories... so here it is

I just bought a ACMAXX hard screen protector for my K30, and applied it, and went out to shoot pics. However, I encountered a problem. If I pressed the screen protector, a bubble would appear. It looks somewhat oily.

Yes, I cleaned my lcd thoroughly before applying the protector.

The solution was to pry up one edge, and the bubble would disappear. Then I would press down the edge again to seal it. Now this isn't a good solution, because the screen will quickly deteriorate. What do you think is happening, and how could I fix it?

thanks

12-26-2014, 11:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

They will sometimes get that, especially in the time period after you first install it. It will go away, but may reappear with quick temperature changes, etc. It isn't a "problem" since the screen is hard, but may be a visible distraction. So what you do is ignore it. If it is going to drive you insane to ever see that, I'm afraid you'll have to choose a more flexible screen (but that offers less protection).
02-25-2015, 04:34 PM   #3
Imp
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
It's been over a month now, hasn't disappeared. If it's just a permanent thing, oh well.

Anyone else have any insights?
02-25-2015, 04:44 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Mine comes and goes, doesn't really bother me. But one time I had a bubble near the edge on a new camera that was stubborn, but I just pried up the edge very slightly and it went away instantly, then pressed the edge back down firmly. So you might try prying up a tiny area with a fingernail or thin piece of plastic and see if it will release the bubble -- just enough to let some air out.