Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-27-2014, 02:52 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
4GB Mobi Eye Fi - doesn't transfer pictures

I have installed a new 4GB Mobi Eye Fi card into my K50. Sadly after several attempted installs with both my iPhone 5s and my LG G3 I have had no luck. Each time I install it the pin is confirmed and the WiFi shows up on the camera. And before you ask - yes after getting the pin recognized and seeing the wifi show up on the camera screen I did take a couple of pictures and no that did not help. I had this set for auto transfer but I also tried the selected images transfer and nothing seems to work. Is there something obvious I'm missing?

12-27-2014, 03:06 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Obvious you say?

Have you checked that you are set to transfer JPGs or RAWs, and that your camera is set to take pictures in that format?

I have my Eyefi (on both K30 and Q) set to only transfer JPGs (for social media purposes). A while ago I switched to shooting just RAW, and when I tried to transfer photos and nothing was happening, I almost threw my cameras into the sun until I figured out why. I should add, it took me almost a whole day to figure out.
12-27-2014, 04:13 PM   #3

I felt the same way and I opened the mobi app ( Iphone 5) and just sat there looking at it when all of a sudden it decided to transfer the picture/s. Sometimes I just have to wait for it to refresh. ???

Last edited by chiggerbyt; 12-27-2014 at 04:24 PM. Reason: remove quote
12-27-2014, 07:35 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by EarlVonTapia Quote
Obvious you say?

Have you checked that you are set to transfer JPGs or RAWs, and that your camera is set to take pictures in that format?

I have my Eyefi (on both K30 and Q) set to only transfer JPGs (for social media purposes). A while ago I switched to shooting just RAW, and when I tried to transfer photos and nothing was happening, I almost threw my cameras into the sun until I figured out why. I should add, it took me almost a whole day to figure out.
Yes - I'm using JPG only for these tests. No luck.

---------- Post added 12-27-14 at 09:37 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by chiggerbyt Quote
I felt the same way and I opened the mobi app ( Iphone 5) and just sat there looking at it when all of a sudden it decided to transfer the picture/s. Sometimes I just have to wait for it to refresh. ???
Yes - I get that - but when I went into the camera and saw that the wifi disappeared for the mobi and the mobi app said it wasn't able to transfer images and I waited 10 minutes without luck... I kind of felt defeated. I did this on both Android and iPhone. I have two cards and my Dad is here with his K50 and I suppose I can try again with his camera and a different card... but I'm kind of fed up.

12-27-2014, 09:08 PM   #5

Turn on your K50 (same camera as mine) and in Menu go to tools # 2 option and set Eyefi to auto. Open your Mobi eyefi gb app on your Iphone 5 (same as mine). Go to settings on your phone > wifi> connect to Eyefi card on wifi and not your home wifi. Take picture with your K50 camera and keep refreshing (awakening) the camera by pushing part way on the shutter. Go back to settings and make sure you are still connected to Eyefi card on wifi. ???? Works sometimes for me. Unpredictable and for some reason has a hard time seeing the Eyefi card on the network Wifi search. Just when you think you have it figured out frustration and no go comes along. Trying on my new Ipad now and I received only the last picture taken of 10 ? So it goes.....

Last edited by chiggerbyt; 12-27-2014 at 10:02 PM.
12-28-2014, 10:28 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by chiggerbyt Quote
Turn on your K50 (same camera as mine) and in Menu go to tools # 2 option and set Eyefi to auto. Open your Mobi eyefi gb app on your Iphone 5 (same as mine). Go to settings on your phone > wifi> connect to Eyefi card on wifi and not your home wifi. Take picture with your K50 camera and keep refreshing (awakening) the camera by pushing part way on the shutter. Go back to settings and make sure you are still connected to Eyefi card on wifi. ???? Works sometimes for me. Unpredictable and for some reason has a hard time seeing the Eyefi card on the network Wifi search. Just when you think you have it figured out frustration and no go comes along. Trying on my new Ipad now and I received only the last picture taken of 10 ? So it goes.....
Except for the fact not one picture has made it across this sounds like my experience.
12-31-2014, 05:35 AM   #7

If you haven't already try formatting the card with your camera. I was having trouble getting mine to transfer anything at first and as soon as I formatted the card everything worked fine.

12-31-2014, 08:40 AM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Thanks, that might be worth trying.
02-02-2015, 09:49 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Did yo folks ever get an newer? I just tried formatting, and nothing happened. Only today did I decide to get my toe wet in the Eye-Fi world, and now I'm in up to the neck! Get this-- My card (stock with the K-50) only works consistently when I'm standing at the camera store counter complaining that it won't work back at home! But sometimes it works at home, too--- when it pleases.
02-02-2015, 10:40 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
Never got mine to work.
02-03-2015, 12:21 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Do you recommend any other brands?
03-19-2015, 05:49 PM   #12
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
I finally have one working. I did nothing different that I know of but I was very very very careful to follow the directions to the letter and it was one that I had not tried until now.
03-26-2015, 04:39 AM   #13

Which Eye-Fi card would be used to connect with Ipad and Ipods?
03-26-2015, 01:05 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxjaxfl Quote
Which Eye-Fi card would be used to connect with Ipad and Ipods?
Any Mobi EyeFi should work to transfer pictures - no remote control.