Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-11-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
Forum Member

Import profiles to camera?

Hi.
I'm sorry if this isn't the right forum.
Iinm, modern Canon cameras can hold about 40 lens profiles, and using a program called EOS Utility you can import the ones you need into the camera, from a database that contains most of the EF line, which is the autofocus mount introduced in 1987. Quite importantly, that means you can not only have almost any old lens corrected, you can also correct future lenses.
Is there something similar for Pentax? My zooms aren't in the K-30 by default. Yes, I know, using a raw converter I can probably get around that, but in-camera profiles do exist for some reason. Is there no known way to import the ones we need?
Thanks!

01-11-2015, 09:52 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You can't import profiles as far as I know, but all DA, D FA, DA L, and FA Limited should have profiles. Is that not the case?

No lens corrections for third-party lenses, sadly.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

01-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
Thanks.
It's more or less expected that there wouldn't be 3rd party lenses. The ones I'd like to have are lowly FA But I asked more out of curiosity, I don't *need* the in-camera correction. It's just that among other things profiles for newer lenses will require firmware updates, and that's if we're lucky. From a software engineering perspective, the Canon way makes sense.