Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-29-2015, 08:03 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K50 SD Card Question

When shooting with my Pentax K50, the images when uploaded from my SD card to my Mac are all out of sequence. This does not happen with any of my other Pentax bodies, only on the K50.
Is there a setting somewhere to change the sequence order of images shot with the K50? Does anyone else have this problem? It is frustrating as I like to work on my images in sequence when PP.
Thanks!
GR

01-29-2015, 08:15 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

The file numbers should be sequential. Was your pc sorting them by something else?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
01-29-2015, 09:24 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I have a K-50. Fine on my Windows PC.
I agree with Adam, you may be sorting them by size (Mb).
01-30-2015, 06:53 AM   #4
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by grcolts Quote
When shooting with my Pentax K50, the images when uploaded from my SD card to my Mac are all out of sequence. This does not happen with any of my other Pentax bodies, only on the K50.
Is there a setting somewhere to change the sequence order of images shot with the K50? Does anyone else have this problem? It is frustrating as I like to work on my images in sequence when PP.
Thanks!
GR

I have a Mac and when uploading from the camera, images are sequential..... are you using iPhoto to upload or another app?

01-30-2015, 10:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Images from my K-50 & K-3 are sequential on my PC and my Mac.

On the Mac, go to the top menu bar, click on "View", then "Arrange By" to select Name instead of whatever it is set to.
01-30-2015, 02:41 PM   #6

Photos: Gallery
I have noticed something similar

But not with the K-50 itself. When I load my pictures into Silkypix, they load as if they're all text files, so, if numbered, they look like this: 1, 10, 11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,2,20,21...
01-31-2015, 09:23 AM   #7
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by AquaDome Quote
Images from my K-50 & K-3 are sequential on my PC and my Mac.

On the Mac, go to the top menu bar, click on "View", then "Arrange By" to select Name instead of whatever it is set to.
Yes, I did that and on the file they do arrange themselves the way I want them to.
Then, when I open that file using my post processing software (ASP2) they open up all disarranged again. Strange. So, maybe ASP2 is doing something to the files? This is strange as I don't have this problem with any of my other cameras or cards.

Thanks!

01-31-2015, 09:47 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by grcolts Quote
Thanks!
GR
Without loading the photos to the computer, just look at the image file name on the camera when viewing (IMGPxxxx... etc.), are they out of sequence? If not, then it is the software you use that has problem, not the camera.

Last edited by aleonx3; 01-31-2015 at 10:34 AM.