Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2015, 07:24 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Sep 2014
Photos: Albums
Posts: 916
I think now that this is all finally over, you should post some pictures taken with the minty fresh K-50 as a celebration... lol.

04-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #47
Junior Member
GAjeeperGirl's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 34
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
I think now that this is all finally over, you should post some pictures taken with the minty fresh K-50 as a celebration... lol.
Yes, I imagine that I could, but, I'm so in love with my K-3 that it hardly ever comes out until I need a second body for a bigger event so I don't have to change lenses. In all honesty, since it is new in the box, I may just sent it to Adorama for a trade up for another K-3 since they have dropped in price so much! And if worse comes to worse, I can at least upgrade to a K5sII!! Then I can get a battery grip for it as well! (call me crazy, but I LOVE the feel and use of a battery grip)!!

Thanks everybody for helping me out with my "freeze issues"!!!
04-16-2015, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #48
Pentaxian
Sagitta's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Maine
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,939
QuoteOriginally posted by GAjeeperGirl Quote
Yes, I imagine that I could, but, I'm so in love with my K-3 that it hardly ever comes out until I need a second body for a bigger event so I don't have to change lenses. In all honesty, since it is new in the box, I may just sent it to Adorama for a trade up for another K-3 since they have dropped in price so much! And if worse comes to worse, I can at least upgrade to a K5sII!! Then I can get a battery grip for it as well! (call me crazy, but I LOVE the feel and use of a battery grip)!!

Thanks everybody for helping me out with my "freeze issues"!!!
Supposedly the K-3II is imminent, so maybe holding off for that may be an idea.
04-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
tomwil's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Maryland USA
Posts: 778
QuoteOriginally posted by GAjeeperGirl Quote
Hopefully, I'll never have an issue like I did with the old one!
You won't know for sure, unless you wait until next winter, or place the camera in the freezer for a while and then try it out.

04-18-2015, 04:56 AM   #50
Junior Member
GAjeeperGirl's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 34
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
You won't know for sure, unless you wait until next winter, or place the camera in the freezer for a while and then try it out.
tomwil - that is how I figured out the very last time that it was sent back - I placed the ENTIRE box in a plastic bag in the freezer, and kept it there for 15 mins. I quickly popped a lens on it to check its working or non-working status, and sure enough that was how I was forced to make my last determination of it's failure. The weather here in GA was much too warm to ever come to that conclusion again and it would have been out of warrantee by the time the cold temps arrived again! I didn't like placing my gear in a freezer for sure, but at that point I was not very confident that it would ever work correctly anyway!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
batteries, battery, body, camera, contact, cost, day, firmware, fix, issue, k-3, k-30, k-50, k-50 and cold temps, lens, morning, oem, pentax k30, pentax k50, person, repair, shots, shutter, technician
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
K-50 green Button in Manual Mode not working PaulAsahi Pentax K-30 & K-50 8 09-01-2014 04:09 AM
Full Frame Not Practical in the Long Run? DarCam Pentax Full Frame 579 07-12-2014 11:04 AM
BCNranking: K-x slightly up in Japan market share again gazonk Pentax News and Rumors 16 09-13-2010 12:24 PM
K20D at cold temps? Javaslinger Pentax DSLR Discussion 15 01-09-2010 12:02 AM
K10D in really cold temps. trev99 Pentax DSLR Discussion 3 03-05-2007 11:33 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:37 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top