Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-15-2015, 07:24 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think now that this is all finally over, you should post some pictures taken with the minty fresh K-50 as a celebration... lol.

04-15-2015, 09:33 PM   #47

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Auzzie-Phoenix Quote
I think now that this is all finally over, you should post some pictures taken with the minty fresh K-50 as a celebration... lol.
Yes, I imagine that I could, but, I'm so in love with my K-3 that it hardly ever comes out until I need a second body for a bigger event so I don't have to change lenses. In all honesty, since it is new in the box, I may just sent it to Adorama for a trade up for another K-3 since they have dropped in price so much! And if worse comes to worse, I can at least upgrade to a K5sII!! Then I can get a battery grip for it as well! (call me crazy, but I LOVE the feel and use of a battery grip)!!

Thanks everybody for helping me out with my "freeze issues"!!!
04-16-2015, 04:06 PM - 1 Like   #48
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by GAjeeperGirl Quote
Yes, I imagine that I could, but, I'm so in love with my K-3 that it hardly ever comes out until I need a second body for a bigger event so I don't have to change lenses. In all honesty, since it is new in the box, I may just sent it to Adorama for a trade up for another K-3 since they have dropped in price so much! And if worse comes to worse, I can at least upgrade to a K5sII!! Then I can get a battery grip for it as well! (call me crazy, but I LOVE the feel and use of a battery grip)!!

Thanks everybody for helping me out with my "freeze issues"!!!
Supposedly the K-3II is imminent, so maybe holding off for that may be an idea.
04-17-2015, 12:38 PM   #49
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GAjeeperGirl Quote
Hopefully, I'll never have an issue like I did with the old one!
You won't know for sure, unless you wait until next winter, or place the camera in the freezer for a while and then try it out.

04-18-2015, 04:56 AM   #50

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by tomwil Quote
You won't know for sure, unless you wait until next winter, or place the camera in the freezer for a while and then try it out.
tomwil - that is how I figured out the very last time that it was sent back - I placed the ENTIRE box in a plastic bag in the freezer, and kept it there for 15 mins. I quickly popped a lens on it to check its working or non-working status, and sure enough that was how I was forced to make my last determination of it's failure. The weather here in GA was much too warm to ever come to that conclusion again and it would have been out of warrantee by the time the cold temps arrived again! I didn't like placing my gear in a freezer for sure, but at that point I was not very confident that it would ever work correctly anyway!