Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
04-13-2016, 12:13 AM   #61
Forum Member

In classic English, you only use "mine" in front of nouns that you would use "an" in front of! (See King James Bible) Just sayin'! LOL

04-15-2016, 04:34 PM   #62

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kodai84 Quote
In classic English, you only use "mine" in front of nouns that you would use "an" in front of! (See King James Bible) Just sayin'! LOL
Apologies, English is not my native language, thank you for the hint and helping me learn!
04-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #63
Forum Member

No apology needed! I apologize to you not realizing that English isn't your native language, I was just teasing you about what I assumed was a typo. When I said "classic English", I meant OLD (middle ages) English, like the 1600s, etc. where "my/mine" and "thy/thine" were used (like "a/an" in front of words beginning with a vowel sound). That is no longer true today, but being a frequent King James Bible reader, I couldn't miss the humor. Cheers!
04-28-2016, 06:03 PM   #64
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by skierd Quote
I crossed over 12,000 clicks a few days ago, probably closer to 12,100 now. I want to upgrade to the K-3ii possibly, but it's hard to justify when i've made a couple large-ish prints for the first time (24x36) and I'm not really seeing a screaming need to 'upgrade' for IQ's sake. Probably GAS more than anything else...
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
And you can go quite a bit bigger too ! I had the same thought as how big was big enough and then the K3II came along at just the right time to just jump right in and pre-order......fingers crossed.
I did end up buying another brand new fresh K30 as mine now has about 59K on it.....but still no issues with it at all and going strong. Decided passing on the KS2 for the moment at least as "something" NEEDS to die first before any more upgrades and purchases......lol.
Is there such a thing as K30BA ? I hate to admit it......I own three now as I just couldn't pass up a real good deal on Ebay an hour ago....lol.

I consider myself very lucky that the known Aperture Block issue has eluded me completely so far. I guess that's why I now have backups ready to go... Just in case....lol.
My K-30 hardly works at all, I guess - shutter count is under 500 after 10 months. {my "backup" is a 35mm Super Tak that lives in my bag - I've decided that this camera isn't going in for surgery if her family's besetting disease hits her}

05-16-2016, 08:01 PM   #65
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Why I love my K-30?

Considering what was out back then, like the d5100 (d5200 months later) and the t4i (t5/ t5i wasn't a improvement), the K-30 was the bang for your buck camera.

Pictures still look great even though it ain't 24mp. Weather resistance is huge, has long as you got a WR lense, and the build of the body is solid as tank.

I can name a lot of other things. But? You guys already know what they are.

These days? What would I buy? Same question what people/family ask me what they should buy? And What did they buy? Not even a Pentax.... Though the 70D is quite a trooper
07-08-2016, 06:40 AM   #66

I loved my K30 until the dreaded under-exposure problem struck. Expensive out-of-waranty repairs (which failed to effect a cure) have dampened my ardour!
07-08-2016, 11:11 AM   #67
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The more l shoot with my k-30 the less I feel I really need to upgrade. Funny how that works? Shoot more, worry less, what a great motto! I really like what I get from this 16mp sensor... Maybe I should just find a K5iis to complement instead of a k-3/k-70/k-(new apsc flagship)?

In reality I'll probably shoot the body out then start looking for an upgrade. Maybe by then I'll have saved enough for a 645! Or a closeout k-50 lol