Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-05-2015, 11:57 AM   #16
Inactive Account

SpecialK ;
when I was on the phone with Ricoh, the person I was speaking with told me they had a problem with the K-5 and were in the process of making it right... Or taking care of it.... (something of that nature)
Long shot, you may call Ricoh and see if they will compensate your expenses...It would be cool if they would!
Ricoh phone # 800.877.0155
anthony

09-11-2015, 05:32 PM   #17

QuoteOriginally posted by JulesALaCroix Quote
Hey everyone, I've been off the grid a bit.
I contacted Ricoh since my Pentax K-50 was still under Manufacturer warranty. I was told to send it to 'Precision Camera Repair' in Enfield Ct. ( I have a 3 year warranty on it through a third party company)... Under a year old they told me to call Ricoh.
Back to Precision Camera.....I have been reading reviews and OMGoodness!!!! This company has gotten it's fair share of horrible ratings!
Thinking back last year when my K30 failed, it took almost 3 months and having to call Asurion Solution several times, (third party warranty and great people!) I was finally refunded my money on the K30.......
Being a Pentax and Ricoh loyalist, what do I do? I buy the K-50.. Didn't last as long as the K-30...
I am not a rich person and work hard for what few dollars I get.... These may be entry level cameras, but they should handle what I put them through.
I've come to conclusion it's the Aperture Drive Motor/System.... I may be wrong.. just my guess. Especially reading past post from others.
My problem is, Precision Camera... I am sure they have a lot of good work, but a company that accepts and does repairs on every make and model? And with todays manufacturing being 'lean'? There aren't that many qualified camera repair technicians in either of the areas they operate. And since it took three months to tell me my K30 was unrepairable is bunk! (I don't think they had a chance to look at it, Asurion saved me on that one)
I am scared to send my camera to them.....
Question...... Are there any other options? .... Should I write and or contact Japan? I am a Ricoh/Pentax fan, but I may have to start looking at the other manufactures... But I would rather have my camera repaired or replaced....
Not only is the aperture system not adjusting the f.stop, but the lens is sloppy and has not focused well since I first received it.. At first I thought it was my eyesight, but the kit lens is sloppy or loose.....
missing my camera and missing for the second year in a row, the birds hatching on Bird Island Rookery....
anthony
For what it's worth, I've used Precision Camera multiple times and they've done great work. The receptionist wasn't super friendly, but whatever. They're also 5 minutes from my house, so it was very convenient for me. Despite that bias, the quality of work was truly excellent.