Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just pulled the trigger on K-50

Well, I've finally pulled the trigger on the Costco K-50 bundle, so it should be here next week. I love my K-x but it's AF/MF switch sticks sometimes and considering the K-50's report that it has a brighter viewfinder, peak-focus indicators, two control wheels...I talked myself into it.

Figured that if I don't like it, Costco gives 90 days to bring it back to them. And if I do like it, I've got a young media guy who started working for us a few months ago who's interested in my K-x, even with the sticky switch.

Looking forward to my new camera!

Hallie in NM

03-14-2015, 01:03 PM   #2
Forum Member

Just looked at that bundle. That's a heck of a deal! Hope you enjoy it!
03-16-2015, 01:59 PM   #3
Pentaxian

You'll love it. I love my K-50. My wife loves her's too.
03-17-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
Forum Member

Congrats! I'm loving my new K50 too. It is a bit overwhelming, honestly speaking. In that sense, I am somewhat glad I'm starting off with this instead of going straight to the flagship like the K3. If the K50 is considered "simpler" or less featured than the K3, I think I'm going to be on a learning curve for quite some time. It's a fun time though! Enjoy!

03-19-2015, 09:23 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
It arrived last night, so I was able to charge the battery today and play with it this evening. I'm upgrading from a K-x, and it's like moving from my Honda Civic (a very nice car) to my dad's Mercedes. Everything is just nicer! And I particularly wanted a brighter display, brighter viewfinder, peak focusing...all there.

Looks like I need to apply a firmwear update as it's only on version 1.0; will do that tomorrow evening. Tonight I went through the E-book for the K-50, and am glad I did. I'd read the K-x manual many times, but never knew WHY I might want to use some of thise settings--the Ebook was a great resource for $15.

Plus I'd never had the focus assist light, nor the focus points in the viewfinder, on the K-x. Both of those always sounded sounded nice...and I think they will be. Really hope to get out and photograph this weekend!

On top of everything else, I'm helping a new Pentaxian get his start. We have a new multi-media tech at work, just out of school, who is buying my K-x and kit lenses. He thinks the idea of buying legacy glass sounds great!

Hallie in NM
04-14-2015, 09:15 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Great choice, i have two along with a K30
04-19-2015, 06:09 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Congratulations. I have a K-30 but that is basically the same camera. You will love it.
04-29-2015, 04:24 PM   #8
Loyal Site Supporter

BTW, isn't B&H a sponsor here? I just got the same lens/camera bundle from them for $526, and it included a Pentax flash, although not the case or card. It's now dropped to $510, and is at that price at Amazon as well. Pretty amazing deal IMHO.

04-29-2015, 05:20 PM   #9
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by Oakland Rob Quote
BTW, isn't B&H a sponsor here? I just got the same lens/camera bundle from them for $526, and it included a Pentax flash, although not the case or card. It's now dropped to $510, and is at that price at Amazon as well. Pretty amazing deal IMHO.
Yup, they sponsor our monthly contest prizes. You're also entitled to a free account upgrade for B&H purchases through our links- see my signature

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

04-30-2015, 08:16 AM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter

B&H rocks. They credited me the money for the price drop even though I'd already purchased at the slightly higher price. Awesome. I can't believe what you can get for relatively little money these days. It's cheaper than a smartphone camera....