Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-30-2015, 12:39 PM   #1

Copyright

I set up my copyright and photographer name in the menu of my K30. But when I check the EXIF on my HD or on flickr it doesn't show my name. What am I doing wrong?/

04-30-2015, 12:42 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Probably you did nothing wrong. Have you tried exif tool? ExifTool by Phil Harvey
04-30-2015, 12:45 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

How are you uploading? Lightroom GIMP and others have a setting to wipe data from exif.
04-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattt Quote
How are you uploading? Lightroom GIMP and others have a setting to wipe data from exif.
On my computer straight from the card to the hard drive. and it's not showing there.

04-30-2015, 02:43 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

We're a very helpful bunch here, but you need to give us a few more breadcrumbs - is any other EXIF info shown? What O/S. What applications have you got loaded? What is your Flickr stream - some of the extra info attached to the photo can be of help in determining what is going on.
04-30-2015, 04:31 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by coicc2 Quote
I set up my copyright and photographer name in the menu of my K30. But when I check the EXIF on my HD or on flickr it doesn't show my name. What am I doing wrong?/
Make sure you have "Embed Copyright Data" Turned "ON" in the Camera Menu ?
04-30-2015, 07:38 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Dlanor Sekao Quote
Make sure you have "Embed Copyright Data" Turned "ON" in the Camera Menu ?
Yup embed is checked

---------- Post added 04-30-15 at 07:42 PM ----------

OK other EXIF does populate. Seems it have what it should except Photographer and Copyright owner. And this is the card being taken out straight onto the my picture folder Windows 7 64 bit, no other program, no other work just downloaded.

---------- Post added 04-30-15 at 08:05 PM ----------

Just puled the card out of my camera and there were 3 folders on it 2 read the info and 1 didn't. Checked the same folders in my pictures on the computer same thing. So as of right now I'm going to go forward and see what happens. I know thru my computer and phone stuff that a bunch of sd cards were acting crazy saying they were copy protected when you had done anything to copy protect it. Maybe that caused it or maybe I'm just having a brain fart. This card is relatively new 3/4 months old. Anyway thanks for the help