Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-02-2015, 02:02 PM   #1

How to register my K-50 and lenses?

I ordered my camera on Amazon and I want to make a register products online but I am confused because I search on Google to register and there is a Pentax website which allows me to register at:
Warranty Registration | www.pentax.com.au (1st)

But I am not sure to fill it out yet because the CD included shows a different website on my browser which is:
Register a Product - RICOH Imaging (2nd)
and I don't know where do I find the Serial Number of my product?

For the (1st) one, I don't know what to fill in the field at : "Camera Model" ; "Serial No" and "Lens No." Where can I find these information? And I live in California, is that a right website to register since it says ".com.au?"

P/S: I don't know if I post it in the right forum or not, please leave a direct link if you move it to the appropriate one. Thanks in advance!

05-02-2015, 02:09 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You would use the second website, that being Ricoh Imaging. Camera model would be your K50, the serial number should be on the bottom of the camera, as for lens No. would be which ever lens you got if you got one that was bundled. If not, leave it blank.

.com.au is in Australia. Not in the US.

Last edited by photolady95; 05-02-2015 at 02:14 PM.
05-02-2015, 04:06 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thank you for your reply!
05-02-2015, 04:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

My guess is stock was sort from Australia since our dollar is doing poorly against the states.

05-02-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lilcarp87 Quote
Thank you for your reply!
You're welcome!
05-02-2015, 04:16 PM   #6
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by lilcarp87 Quote
My guess is stock was sort from Australia since our dollar is doing poorly against the states.
Sorver, not sure what you mean there. He said he found AU site via a search of Google. Not that he bought the camera from Australia.
05-02-2015, 04:30 PM   #7
Site Supporter

It's interesting that the serial number and date of purchase fields are not required (there's no asterisk). They're more interested in you rather than the camera it seems, since they do require your name, location, age, e-mail, and the type of camera you bought.

Marketing gimmick.

My guess is that if/when you need to make a warranty claim, they'll do it with proof of purchase. Can somebody confirm?
05-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Proof of purchase is all that is needed. I was told no registration needed. That is in USA.

Web site registration is just for marketing.

For warranty just keep receipt and all paperwork.

Other countries might be different than USA but that is what I was told here.

05-02-2015, 06:06 PM   #9

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by lightbox Quote
It's interesting that the serial number and date of purchase fields are not required (there's no asterisk). They're more interested in you rather than the camera it seems, since they do require your name, location, age, e-mail, and the type of camera you bought.

Marketing gimmick.

My guess is that if/when you need to make a warranty claim, they'll do it with proof of purchase. Can somebody confirm?
I think you are right, I tried both @yahoo and @gmail but neither one got the confirmation link in email checking.
05-03-2015, 04:15 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Sorver, not sure what you mean there. He said he found AU site via a search of Google. Not that he bought the camera from Australia.
Yeah sorry my mistake totally left of field. You are correct I am wrong.