Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-08-2015, 07:27 PM   #1

Tamron lens stops responding K-30

Hey all,

I have been shooting on and off since High School, and I always prefer to have a Pentax SLR, if for no other reason I can reuse my older lenses. I have had my K-30 for a couple of years, and I have started to have an issue with my Tanron lens. I often have to shoot at long range, in low light, school gyms and auditoriums for my daughter's concerts and recitals. Within the last few months the AF will stop responding and the image gets darker through both viewfinder and saved image. If I release the lens and reseat it everything works fine for a bit. Has anyone else had a similar issue? My Pentax 18 - 55 never has an issue like this. I have a trip to India coming up in a few months and I am trying to decide if I need to replace the lens before I go. Thanks

05-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It seems that the pb might be the lens. What lens? It will help PF members if you are more accurate.

Have you try to clean the lens contacts?

There might be other things to check but we cannot help without correct info.
05-08-2015, 07:49 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
It seems that the pb might be the lens. What lens? It will help PF members if you are more accurate.

Have you try to clean the lens contacts?

There might be other things to check but we cannot help without correct info.
Sorry thought I had listed that... Tamron LD Di 70-300 mm
05-09-2015, 01:09 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
What about the aperture? Does the lever on the back of the lens move freely and does it return?

05-10-2015, 11:50 AM   #5

Original Poster
The lever works fine, I just checked it, I have cleaned the contacts in the past with a pencil eraser, would you suggest a different method hcc? Thanks.
05-10-2015, 11:47 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Styx115 Quote
The lever works fine, I just checked it, I have cleaned the contacts in the past with a pencil eraser, would you suggest a different method hcc? Thanks.
And the blades in the lens?