Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2015, 02:45 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
remote shutter release and bracketing

My question is, Is there a way to set the camera into bracketing mode, and use a wireless remote shutter release? When I set the camera up to do bracketing, then set camera to do remote the bracketing option cancels out and I get the one shutter release.

06-02-2015, 03:35 PM   #2
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sunrepairer Quote
My question is, Is there a way to set the camera into bracketing mode, and use a wireless remote shutter release? When I set the camera up to do bracketing, then set camera to do remote the bracketing option cancels out and I get the one shutter release.
Which camera?
06-02-2015, 03:53 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
According to your profile, you have both a K-5II and K-30. You can do bracketing with a wired remote or similar device that uses the cabled remote connector on both your cameras. Your K-5 also supports wireless remote with bracketing as an option under drive mode bracketing. K-30 does not support this feature. You might try "one push bracketing" (Menu --> C --> 2 --> 9) with the wireless remote. I don't have a K-30 handy to see if it works, but it is worth a try. Nope...

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-02-2015 at 04:11 PM.
06-02-2015, 07:10 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
thanks stevebrot The k5iis does work with the wireless remote, I was hoping there was a work around for the k30. I have tried different things with no success, I just ordered a wired remote.

---------- Post added 06-02-15 at 10:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Canuck_west Quote
Which camera?
k-30 I also have k5iis but that works with the wireless remote.