Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-05-2015, 12:30 PM   #1

Can I use [Pentax K-30 lens guide] for K-50?

I see that we have the Pentax K-30 & K-50 forum but there is just only one post lens guide for K-30, so is it correct that any lens which has been posted in this guide can work for K-50 camera too?

Before I created this asking topic, I'd done some researches and found a lens names Pentax smc DA 50mm f/1.8 Lens (B&H is selling it at here) and it says it is for APS-C Digital K-Mount Cameras which Pentax K-50 camera is. However, when I went to shop at Amazon, the website indicated that lens will not be able to work for Pentax K-50. I am very confused.

Proof that Amazon said it didn't work for K-50:

Also, I read some reviews and Q&A, there are some people claim it work for K-50 but none of them actually own a K-50 camera but they have the same thought that I do (K30 &K50 have same hardware.)

Please help me to find a lens that focus persons or things and the background is blurry. Is this lens good at portrait or what do I can do if I buy this one? Thanks in advance!

06-05-2015, 12:33 PM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Any lens designed to work on any Pentax will work on a K-50 and a K-30. Amazon's programers don't know Pentax, so when they add to the descriptions, they don't know that any lens made for and by Pentax will fit and work in any Pentax camera.
06-05-2015, 12:39 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photolady95 Quote
Any lens designed to work on any Pentax will work on a K-50 and a K-30. Amazon's programers don't know Pentax, so when they add to the descriptions, they don't know that any lens made for and by Pentax will fit and work in any Pentax camera.
Thank you for your quick replay, I am going to order it now.
06-05-2015, 12:48 PM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

QuoteOriginally posted by lilcarp87 Quote
I see that we have the Pentax K-30 & K-50 forum but there is just only one post lens guide for K-30, so is it correct that any lens which has been posted in this guide can work for K-50 camera too?

Before I created this asking topic, I'd done some researches and found a lens names Pentax smc DA 50mm f/1.8 Lens (B&H is selling it at here) and it says it is for APS-C Digital K-Mount Cameras which Pentax K-50 camera is. However, when I went to shop at Amazon, the website indicated that lens will not be able to work for Pentax K-50. I am very confused.

Also, I read some reviews and Q&A, there are some people claim it work for K-50 but none of them actually own a K-50 camera but they have the same thought that I do (K30 &K50 have same hardware.)

Please help me to find a lens that focus persons or things and the background is blurry. Is this lens good at portrait or what do I can do if I buy this one? Thanks in advance!
Literally every SMC Pentax M/A/F/FA/DA/D FA/DA L lens will work with modern Pentax DSLRs, so you're safe.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

06-05-2015, 01:49 PM   #5
Ole
Administrator

Our sample photos page contains several images taken with the K-50/DA 50 F1.8 combo, click here.
06-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Here's an example of how worthless the Amazon lens compatibility tool is for Pentax lenses and bodies: (the DA 40 XS was specifically designed for the K-01)

06-05-2015, 07:01 PM   #7
amateur dirt farmer...

yes, that lens will work on a K-50; I have both that lens and a K-50 and can attest that it takes amazing pictures on the K-50....
06-05-2015, 07:14 PM   #8
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Amazon compatibility tool for just about everything is inaccurate. For example, my car... a 2010 Ford Fusion SE, the wiper blades... I can get away with anything from 16" to 22" on my passenger side wiper arm for the most part... if I look at any wiper blade for that arm on amazon in any other size than 18" it says not compatible.

I wouldn't trust amazon to know about well.... anything. The K30 and K50 should in theory be able to use any lens for m39, m42, 645, 6x7, and pretty much most if not all K mount lenses either natively or with a proper adapter. While I might be generalizing a bit too much, it should be fairly true.