Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2015, 09:22 PM   #16
npc
Veteran Member

I hate them on cellphones too ... But for my K-5IIs I have hard protectors for both the top and rear LCDs. It's my take anywhere camera so it takes a lot of abuse and these are the obvious weak spots. It might make the rear screen little harder to see in bright sunlight but I normally have it turned off anyway.

06-27-2015, 09:34 PM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by hcc Quote
I have used one on my K-7: Hoodman Super Hoodskins (Model SHSK 3) reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database. 7 years on, it is still doing its job.

With my K-3, I don't use a LCD protector because the LCD screen is tougher and I had no problem in 3 years.
same here, K-7 (sold) had one, should put one on K10D ( too late now) , all newer bodies have much harder LCD's
06-27-2015, 11:30 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Agree w/ Oldbayrunner. I'm not concerned with scratches. It's the broken LCD screen that I worry about. The Acmaxx works great on all my cameras and has taken one for the team before saving the LCD on my Canon.
06-28-2015, 03:47 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by eddaytona Quote
Agree w/ Oldbayrunner. I'm not concerned with scratches. It's the broken LCD screen that I worry about. The Acmaxx works great on all my cameras and has taken one for the team before saving the LCD on my Canon.
I have hard protectors on all my cameras. Gives peace of mind as well as protecting against knocks, the miscellaneous contents of non padded bags on some outings and over inquisitive children.!

10-01-2015, 10:44 PM   #20

I have a screen protector on my new to me K-30. It was in place when I got it a few days ago. I am only mentioning this because on one canon camera I had that came used as with a soft screen protector that when removed left it's adhesive on the LCD. The glue was not removable with anything including acetone and Goo Gone. I had to send the camera to Canon and they replaced the screen at a cost of about $180. No one else may ever experience that, but I sure did. So, being wary, I tested removing the screen protector by lifting it's edge a bit it came right up after some encouragement from my finger nail. I felt under it for glue, but all was clean. Relieved to be sure. I don't know how long it had been on the camera. If anyone would like to know the brand, here it is....MEMBRANE Membrane Screen Protectors
10-03-2015, 12:48 PM   #21
Forum Member

Have never used a screen protector, and have never scratched any of my Pentax screens (five current, and three more in the past).

Guess I'm basically pretty careful when handling cameras!