Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2015, 03:40 PM   #16
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Topsy Quote
I will fire up the production equipment one last time
Thanks for the heads up... just hope Pentax launch the FF in time, so that I can get screens for them.

That is provided they have interchangeable screens... surely they will.

09-10-2015, 12:09 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I think you'd be better off hoping that Pentax will offer some decent screens.
I doubt katzeye would put effort in a new screen model for their last production run..
Plus since they will be produced in one batch I hope they'll be sold out before the FF gets released, I don't want to wait too long haha
09-11-2015, 08:03 AM   #18
Moderator PEG Judges

Photos: Gallery
put effort in a new screen model for their last production run..
Perhaps if I ask Rachael nicely and say please a dozen times...
09-29-2015, 11:53 AM   #19
Forum Member

Order my K-3 Screen today, I can't wait to see how it'll perform with my 1.2.

10-01-2015, 12:22 PM - 2 Likes   #20
Site Supporter

For those who might be interested, I recently acquired Katz Eye's remaining stock of genuine Pentax focus screen shims. I have yet to sort through them to confirm the thicknesses, but it you want one let me know.

Steve
10-23-2015, 09:57 AM   #21

I think you'd be better off hoping that Pentax will offer some decent screens.
I doubt katzeye would put effort in a new screen model for their last production run..
The KatzEye website seems to indicate that they are taking orders at this point. Do you think it would be worth the extra $30 or so over the ones available at focusingscreen.com?
10-23-2015, 12:27 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Edited the title

As far as I know the KatzEye screens are brighter, especially with the optibrite treatment, but that's only from googling, I don't have any first hand experience yet.

You just need to know that KatzEye are taking their last orders to clear out their 'raw material' stock and will only start producing them when enough orders have been placed, so you may be waiting for a while..

But I really hope that they'll soon have enough, I can't wait for mine!
04-14-2016, 04:26 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Original Poster
So, it's been a long wait, but I've finally received my focusing screen in the post!

Even though the K-1 is on the horizon I'm sure it's a good investment since my mum now finally will actually be able to focus on something.

However, I totally forgot about me probably needing shims..

Do you still have any Steve?! (it's front focusing, so I'll need something thinner)

04-14-2016, 04:54 PM   #24
Site Supporter

Do you still have any Steve?! (it's front focusing, so I'll need something thinner)
PM me...
04-14-2016, 07:57 PM   #25

Alright, this showed up so I thought i'd mention that That Bresson Screen I got worked well enough, but the Split prism is too bit for my liking and I'd actually have loved the micro-raster more.

Also, for whatever reason As I stopped down lenses, The camera would over-expose?