Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2015, 05:45 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
K30 and focus zoom

I noticed when using live view on my K30 with an auto-focus lens, when the shutter is half pressed the image will be zoomed a certain amount which helps to see if the camera achieved focus correctly (as long as the "AF autozoom" box is checked in the live view menu). I would like to know if there is any way to do this with a manual focus lens, so that half pressing the shutter will zoom to be used as a focus aid? If so, is there any way to decide how much zoom occurs? Also, can the "catch in focus" function be used in live view with a manual focus lens? Any help is appreciated!

07-22-2015, 08:17 PM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stillshot2 Quote
I noticed when using live view on my K30 with an auto-focus lens, when the shutter is half pressed the image will be zoomed a certain amount which helps to see if the camera achieved focus correctly (as long as the "AF autozoom" box is checked in the live view menu). I would like to know if there is any way to do this with a manual focus lens, so that half pressing the shutter will zoom to be used as a focus aid? If so, is there any way to decide how much zoom occurs? Also, can the "catch in focus" function be used in live view with a manual focus lens? Any help is appreciated!
If you're not in AF point selection move, pressing OK should zoom you in, and you can control the degree of magnification using the e-dial. This view goes away as soon as you active the AF, unfortunately.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

07-23-2015, 07:51 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
Got it! Thanks!