Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-25-2015, 05:34 AM   #1

k-50 photos vanished

hi guys,

can you think of a reason why photos should just vanish of the sd card?

I shot some photos of a friends wedding this morning (he had a paid photographer so I thought I can practice shooting without the need of having good pictures )
My k-50 definetly recorded the pictures because I looked through them in my car.
But in my cardreader at home the first 150 pictures are missing
putting the sd card back in my k-50 i can see the same pictures via my k-50 also the first 150 are missing.

I've run a recovery tool, but it cant find the pictures either.

regards Sascha

07-25-2015, 05:52 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Did you format the card in camera before using it?

Also make sure you don't have them in another folder on the card
07-25-2015, 05:57 AM   #3

Original Poster
I did not format the sd card, I just deleted all pictures via my pc before going to the wedding.
sadly no ther folder there

I guess the pictures are gone... what can I do to prevent something similar in the future?
07-25-2015, 06:02 AM   #4
Site Supporter

This has happened to me as well. My guess is that when an SD card is formatted in camera, it's not fully FAT compliant. I lost a bunch of chipmunk photos, some missing and many corrupted, when I tried to read the SD card on my computer (the card reader is functioning properly otherwise). Conversely, I get all sorts of write errors in camera when I format a card on my computer. Now I format the card in camera and always use the Pentax supplied USB cable to retrieve photos from the camera body. No problems so far.

07-25-2015, 06:10 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by erichope Quote
This has happened to me as well. My guess is that when an SD card is formatted in camera, it's not fully FAT compliant. I lost a bunch of chipmunk photos, some missing and many corrupted, when I tried to read the SD card on my computer (the card reader is functioning properly otherwise). Conversely, I get all sorts of write errors in camera when I format a card on my computer. Now I format the card in camera and always use the Pentax supplied USB cable to retrieve photos from the camera body. No problems so far.
even with bigger amounts of pictures no problem so far?

IMG1177-1310 is gone
IMG1311-1423 is still there

after getting the camera I shot about 800 in a row without problems (transfering data via cardreader)

Iam not sure where I formated the sd card at last k-50 or pc... mhh