Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2015, 09:13 PM   #1

Shutter Button Broken?

Hi guys!

I went to take out my K-30 for some shots after I just completed a move, and I'm finding that I can no longer depress the shutter button, and that pressing down on it shoots a picture. However, there is no half-press click, and clearly no solid push click either. It's almost as if the mechanism is gunked up or something broke, and the button is an unresponsive brick. Does anyone have any experience with this, is there any way to open the camera and access the shutter button simply, or am I going to be paying to send it out to Precision?

Thanks!

07-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That seems odd. Does it focus still?
07-30-2015, 09:38 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
That seems odd. Does it focus still?
Yep, if I press it down ever so lightly it still focuses. Pressing a little bit harder causes it to engage the shutter, and take a picture.
07-31-2015, 04:08 AM   #4
Banned

I haven't felt a "noticeable" half press click on any Pentax model since the *ist DL, a light touch is all that's needed to focus. Full press, however, should be noticeable, if yours is not, a trip to Precision will probably be needed.