Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-23-2015, 09:54 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mellowyeahlow Quote
Woke up and tested my camera again. Tested it out again. First 2 pictures were extremely underexposed again.

Yeah... i'm just extremely pissed. First experience with a brand leaves a ever lasting impression. I know people most of the time have good experience with Pentax... but this is not keeping me a happy person. I also bought a 35mm plastic fantastic lens and a 18-135mm WR lens because I thought I'll be a pentax user for life. Didn't think this camera would have issues within 2 years. Was hoping this camera would last at least 5-6 before it showed issues. Didn't even get up to 10k photos. Only up to 6k photos.

I emailed customer service, but they didn't even email me back. >.>
It's funny how it's a well documented issue iwth K30-K50 but they won't even give free repairs for people with this issue which is THEIR fault.
My camera start with this issues at 8-9k clicks, and send to a small autorized repair shop in Mexico City, they charge me the equivalent of ~60usd and in 5 days the camera return as good as new, but i already replace the camera with a K3 that i order from Adorama and i gonna put on sale my K30.

10-23-2015, 10:02 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
My camera start with this issues at 8-9k clicks, and send to a small autorized repair shop in Mexico City, they charge me the equivalent of ~60usd and in 5 days the camera return as good as new, but i already replace the camera with a K3 that i order from Adorama and i gonna put on sale my K30.
I guess what I'm most bitter about is... poor build quality... which customers have to pay for.
When I buy anything for less than 100 dollars I expect it to last couple years.
If I pay for something that is more than 100 dollars I expect it to last for years and years.

Last edited by mellowyeahlow; 10-23-2015 at 10:11 AM.
10-23-2015, 12:15 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mellowyeahlow Quote
Woke up and tested my camera again. Tested it out again. First 2 pictures were extremely underexposed again.

Yeah... i'm just extremely pissed. First experience with a brand leaves a ever lasting impression. I know people most of the time have good experience with Pentax... but this is not keeping me a happy person. I also bought a 35mm plastic fantastic lens and a 18-135mm WR lens because I thought I'll be a pentax user for life. Didn't think this camera would have issues within 2 years. Was hoping this camera would last at least 5-6 before it showed issues. Didn't even get up to 10k photos. Only up to 6k photos.

I emailed customer service, but they didn't even email me back. >.>
It's funny how it's a well documented issue iwth K30-K50 but they won't even give free repairs for people with this issue which is THEIR fault.
I bet they'll say that the camera "works as designed". Now, whether it was designed well enough or not ... ? I dunno, I can't be too harsh on the K-30. I had mine for only 2.5 years and ran the shutter like a highly caffeinated squirrel. It worked well enough for me. Maybe my case was not as extreme as yours. I also remember the camera making a very distinct sound when the aperture would unexpected close down to f/22. There was no surprise when this was happening as it was happening. Instead of the usual walloping click-clack the entire assembly made a more muted schnick-schnack sound. I worked around this by taking multiple shots or worked in burst mode.