Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-18-2015, 09:29 PM   #1
Forum Member

Camera and Lens Maintenance

Just learned today that you have to keep the contact points between lens and body clean for best performance. I seriously thought my camera was breaking because my photos were coming out gradually darker and darker.

I'm just curious as to if there are any other tips you guys can offer a new guy.

Any tips and tricks to ensure everything is working tip top shape will be helpful!

10-18-2015, 09:35 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mellowyeahlow Quote
Just learned today that you have to keep the contact points between lens and body clean for best performance. I seriously thought my camera was breaking because my photos were coming out gradually darker and darker.

I'm just curious as to if there are any other tips you guys can offer a new guy.

Any tips and tricks to ensure everything is working tip top shape will be helpful!
You just want to clean them periodically so that you don't get connectivity issues. I would also recommend keeping startup dust removal on to keep the sensor as clean as possible.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-19-2015, 01:32 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
clean the lens backs from time to time with a blower. The front anyway, use a blower and a lens pen and or a microfiber cloth (use the blower always first to get rid of big junks and to prevent from scratches). Use lenses from time to time... focus and zoom can get stiff otherwise.