Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-27-2016, 11:57 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Or take a shot and check the results.

You don't have to wait to see the results now, like you did with film.

05-13-2016, 01:42 PM   #47

Today I FINALY received my k30 back. And of course, there was some not so interesting story behind all that delay. Simply said, quality of customer support in my country sucks as always. But at least I got my camera before my holiday! 90€ was the total price for fixing it.
05-17-2016, 05:43 PM   #48

Seems clear to me that they should have recalled the cameras.

But yes, people solving the problem of their camera having failed, often after only a short amount of time, by buying an even more expensive Pentax, there's no motivation for them there.
05-17-2016, 08:40 PM   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
My K30 has been flawless. I am saving for a K-1 right now.

06-22-2016, 01:25 PM   #50
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tangent88 Quote
Seems clear to me that they should have recalled the cameras.

But yes, people solving the problem of their camera having failed, often after only a short amount of time, by buying an even more expensive Pentax, there's no motivation for them there.
You are right, doesn't seem logical. But you must be right cuz Ricoh doesnt seem to give a HOOT
03-25-2017, 09:15 PM   #51

I have a K-30 and I have same problem.

I was having black (super dark underexposed) with a Pentax DA 35mm Macro Lens every once in a while and I thought it something bad with the lens (as I got it used), but now I just got Sigma 8-16mm and almost every shot is black except when I release shutter very fast (without waiting for focus).

But with my Pentax 18-135mm lens I'm not having this issue.

So is it the camera?
03-26-2017, 09:14 AM   #52
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ar.Pi Quote
I have a K-30 and I have same problem.

I was having black (super dark underexposed) with a Pentax DA 35mm Macro Lens every once in a while and I thought it something bad with the lens (as I got it used), but now I just got Sigma 8-16mm and almost every shot is black except when I release shutter very fast (without waiting for focus).

But with my Pentax 18-135mm lens I'm not having this issue.

So is it the camera?
There is a fix in the net for this problem. Link below:

???????? ? ?30! - ?????? ?????-?????

Leo

03-26-2017, 10:25 AM   #53

QuoteOriginally posted by nucleon Quote
There is a fix in the net for this problem. Link below:

???????? ? ?30! - ?????? ?????-?????

Leo
Good think I speak Russian

But I dont know if I have the time nor the nerve to try this fix. Maybe i'll ship it to that CA repair guy I saw on this forum (for about $130), I'll see...

Thanks!
03-26-2017, 12:22 PM   #54
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ar.Pi Quote
Good think I speak Russian

But I dont know if I have the time nor the nerve to try this fix. Maybe i'll ship it to that CA repair guy I saw on this forum (for about $130), I'll see...

Thanks!
Hi,
I decided not to fix it but I gave the camera to my grandson to dissemble it and have fun. However, he read the manual and set it to Shutter Priority and returned.

The Shatter Priority mode works well with the lenses which have an aperture ring. The same thing as Aperture Priority but in reverse :-)
Set ISO Auto from 100 to 800 (sometimes I change it to 100 to 3200 :-) and the camera is fine,

Leo
03-26-2017, 01:06 PM   #55
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi,
I decided not to fix it but I gave the camera to my grandson to dissemble it and have fun. However, he read the manual and set it to Shutter Priority and returned.

The Shatter Priority mode works well with the lenses which have an aperture ring. The same thing as Aperture Priority but in reverse :-)
Set ISO Auto from 100 to 800 (sometimes I change it to 100 to 3200 :-) and the camera is fine,

Leo
This doesn't sound right to me. {I've been using shutter priority for forty years} Normally shutter priority, Tv mode, fixes the shutter speed and then adjusts the aperture to an appropriate value, which would be pointless if the aperture control mechanism isn't working correctly, so I'm guessing he is actually using some other mode.

My K-30 still works correctly, so I can't check out some of the implications of this issue. If you put a correctly-working camera in Tv mode but then use an aperture ring to set the aperture, you'll see on the back LCD that the camera is actually in Av mode, but I'm not sure how metering actually works in this case.

Last edited by reh321; 03-26-2017 at 01:19 PM.
03-26-2017, 02:36 PM   #56
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
This doesn't sound right to me. {I've been using shutter priority for forty years} Normally shutter priority, Tv mode, fixes the shutter speed and then adjusts the aperture to an appropriate value, which would be pointless if the aperture control mechanism isn't working correctly, so I'm guessing he is actually using some other mode.

My K-30 still works correctly, so I can't check out some of the implications of this issue. If you put a correctly-working camera in Tv mode but then use an aperture ring to set the aperture, you'll see on the back LCD that the camera is actually in Av mode, but I'm not sure how metering actually works in this case.
You show K01 on you stamp image. What do you think about this camera paired with K-3 based on your experience. They have one thing in common - the battery :-)
Leo
03-26-2017, 05:36 PM   #57

I just bought the K-70 on eBay for $580 until I get this issue resolved and maybe sell my K-30 then.

I actually wanted to wait another gen before switching body but I think its a good upgrade that i'll enjoy, I hope.
03-27-2017, 08:53 AM   #58
Forum Member

Original Poster
Good move! K-70 is updated K-30 with a newer processor and better stabilization. Post your opinion of K-70. Interesting to know the K-70 low light performance. I assume it based on K-3 stabilization and sensor and on K-S2 for the rest. I was thinking about K-70, as the K-S2 was good for me.

I always had Olympus one or another by updating over one sometime two generations. Currently Olympus it is M10. Then I added K-30. Such a nice camera! From K-30 (failed aperture) stepped to K-S2. It was like K-30 but nicer. When my son got K-1, we exchanged the cameras: he got my K-S2 and I his K-3, as he wanted one smaller/lighter camera with the same lens mount. The K-3 and M10 together means two different chargers and batteries. However, difference in size and weight justify having both.

Why K-01? It has the same battery as K-3 and also based on K-30 without viewfinder and phase detect but instead slow contrast detect. I may rent K-01for a week ($30 for one week) to try, as not sure of its place in my collection (except the same battery :-) and its performance.

Pentax has a truly nice line of DSLRs for every taste except mirrorless.

Last edited by nucleon; 03-27-2017 at 10:18 AM.
03-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #59
Forum Member

Hi,

Leo
The camera doesn't know your current set aperture on the ring so you will have a different exposure than the camera is expecting. The only way I know to let the camera meter correctly is use live view in Av or viewfinder green button metering in M
03-27-2017, 02:27 PM   #60
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
You show K01 on you stamp image. What do you think about this camera paired with K-3 based on your experience. They have one thing in common - the battery :-)
Leo
No, I have an old Super Program, a Q-7 {yellow}, and a K-30 {blue}