Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2015, 08:01 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
No, that's not showing you a Digital preview, make sure the RAW/Fx is set to Digital Preview and not Optical preview in the Button customization menu.
My bad, I missed where you said Digital preview which makes perfect sense since it is compensating the exposure by changing the ISO.

11-15-2015, 08:05 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Should be the same with a fixed/set ISO, t'is here.
11-15-2015, 08:06 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Nope, there is no real-time preview option. The K-3 and 645Z can do that in M mode, though.
Well, it does seem to do it until you get to +/-2ev and then it stops which is what is odd.

Sorry Adam, but yes there is.
Even setting the RAW/Fx button to Optical preview works in the same way as the flagship series by showing you via the OVF what your exposure settings will capture.
Hmm, on my K-30 here, looking through the OVF, when I press the RAW/Fx button set to Optical preview, it doesn't change anything even though I'm set to -5ev. As mentioned before, I believe this is because the compensation is coming from the ISO adjustment which won't show through the OVF, right? I'm still pretty green at all of this but that is how I understand it at tleast.

---------- Post added 11-15-15 at 09:10 PM ----------

Should be the same with a fixed/set ISO, t'is here.
Well then it should be changing the shutter speed as you scroll through the ev adjustment scale. It has to adjust either aperture, shutter or ISO, right? The optical preview will only show you the results of your aperture setting but cannot show the resulting affect of shutter speed or ISO. Again, I'm just trying to better understand things as well.